I watched my first inauguration in 40 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am to the point now that I believe very little of what the news says anymore. (all of them) There are a few areas/topics (ok, maybe very few) where I'm pretty much a SME (subject matter expert). "Almost" without fail, when they are reporting on something in one of the areas of my expertise, they almost always get something wrong... Often not just minor mistakes either, but something materially wrong. Was it a mistake on their part or intentional to make it fit their narrative? If they get the few things I know really well wrong, what about everything else?

Last edited:
And one more final mod note:

Another debate on the "media" is not welcome in this thread. It only serves to derail the topic.

I remember the long college winter recess was not quite over yet. I guess I could have taken off from work in future years, but I never did. When Jan 20 falls on a Sunday they move all the festivities to Monday. 2001 was a Saturday but I dont remember what I did. More importantly, it was so nice to be able to watch this year without worrying about any obligations. Also, throughout all the twists and turns with the election and the aftermath, it has almost become a hobby with me watching all the news and commentary. Timing was good having retired on Sep 30 last year. (Not trying to be political here, 1981 was Ronald Reagan and 2021 Joe Biden and I enjoyed the pageantry of each.) Anyone else turning into a news junkie in their spare/FIRE time?

Same here. It was probably the best year to start watching it since they had everything more focused on making it an online show. The celebrities this year were A-list and I especially enjoyed Lady Gaga singing the National Anthem and the huge fireworks display.

Unfortunately, and despite repeated moderator requests, multiple snarky and political posts have led this thread to an unfortunate and premature end of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom