I'm driving myself crazy !!!!

Well, nevermind. After three days with the bosses we determined that the new position wasn't viable after all. I will find a part time job close to home so I don't freak out the first time an unexpected expense comes up. And at 85 if my portfolio is dry I will learn to live on social security like so many others already do.

Well, I know you wanted this to work so I'm sorry it didn't. OTOH, I have a feeling that this may have been the best thing to happen to you....

Well, I know you wanted this to work so I'm sorry it didn't. OTOH, I have a feeling that this may have been the best thing to happen to you....
+1

I bet everything will go well and you'll learn to enjoy...

When consumed by doubt, it is better to have the decision made for us!

Thanks everyone. I suspect that you are right and I will find that the new role not panning out is a blessing in disguise. I tend to obsess about things and FI / RE were my latest, and as with all the other obsessions, I'm sure I've gone overboard.

I have vowed to myself to find something else to obsess about. Maybe I'll just obsess about finding an obsession for awhile !

Negotiating another work at home opportunity. Needs to be approved by senior management. Whoever said I am not emotionally ready for retirement is completely right - I feel so much better when these work opportunities come up. Wish me luck !

Back
Top Bottom