Is this a great house or what?

This YouTuber is good, and it shows. His channel has 1.5 million subscribers. I am sure he is well rewarded.

That was good. I like how you sort of expect the landlord to be kind of slow since he's elderly and needs to be wheeled around, but he was sharp - "Hey, this looks so nice now, I'm going to have to raise your rent!" - made me laugh.

And it all looked so good and artistic and well done, but not phony/showy. Not sure I'm expressing that right, but I liked it!

-ERD50

The landlord's legs may be weak, but there is nothing wrong with his mind - sharp as a tack! :D

That video led me to more by the same young man on YouTube. He just purchased a home this month, according to numerous other videos (I think he closed on 8/1). It is a 1929 Spanish Colonial duplex which has amazing "bones" but needs a lot of work. I am going to keep watching his videos; I can't wait to see how he renovates his new home.

His enthusiasm and joy for what he does is absolutely contagious!

Last edited:
This not a house for sale but a designer that rented from an 84 year old landlord and ask if he could paint, he went much further. The video presents the first time the landlord has seen the inside since the designer moved in.

I like it! both the video and the apartment redo. But I won't show it to DW lest she gets some ideas.

Well it's interesting, but I would not want to live there.

Well it's interesting, but I would not want to live there.

Definitely not for me either, but I appreciate the finished product. Our mainland apartment (house, really) was redesigned/rehabbed by DW in 1981. I still like it though it's time for a refresh - which will happen after we are dead and gone. We go around and thumb tack the wall paper that's coming off the walls. When something breaks we fix it. Other than that, it's very comfortable for us and I always relax when I walk into the place. It's our home away from home. YMMV

Great thread. Love LOOKING at interesting houses. Would HATE living in interesting house.

Just spent 3 weeks out west camping / motorcycling with some guys. Mostly tents on BLM land, some cheap hotels. I loved the "minimalism".

I'm amazed at the time/money/energy that people put into endless nesting / decorating / shopping - and how they're never happy.

Do any of you follow the Zillow Gone Wild Twitter or Facebook account. They find some really weird houses. It is fascinating.

I don't care for that much space in an open plan. Too noisy. I need a few walls.
Too big. I need about 600-880 sf. More is not better.
Too much land, but at least don't need to maintain.
This is the perfect house to photograph. Living is another issue altogether.

Back
Top Bottom