Just not planning for tomorrow

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just saw this on Quora.

"That’s my current scenario; it was necessary that I close my business mostly due to the pandemic. Six months later my Jaguar was repossessed, I’d been allowed to cancel my lease at my lovely home (still miss that koi pond), all of my Crate & Barrel furniture went into (expensive) storage, I’d put my office & home office contents into a second storage unit-I was forced to choose which to pay-I chose the household contents; bye bye (mostly replaceable) home office items and a rack of clothing and Jimmy Choos that I’d planned to sell. I was now driving a donated 2005 Saturn VUE that our cook had used to pick up groceries and donations. Still had most of my wardrobe, expensive shoes, skin care products and my teeth. LOL! Couldn’t go to Starbucks, get massages, dine out or get facials, but on the positive side; I finally had time to deal with a life threatening health issue that could be (and was) surgically reversed. I confirmed what was really important to my life, versus the accessories and apparently, I’m still alive and haven’t destabilized psychologically."

I'm a bit flabbergasted that she had a personal cook, but not enough savings to survive a year. But, maybe that's just silly my overthinking.

^^^

Wow! One wonders if this is real or some sort of imitation of the Four Yorkshiremen. YMMV

I just saw this on Quora.

"That’s my current scenario; it was necessary that I close my business mostly due to the pandemic. Six months later my Jaguar was repossessed, I’d been allowed to cancel my lease at my lovely home (still miss that koi pond), all of my Crate & Barrel furniture went into (expensive) storage, I’d put my office & home office contents into a second storage unit-I was forced to choose which to pay-I chose the household contents; bye bye (mostly replaceable) home office items and a rack of clothing and Jimmy Choos that I’d planned to sell. I was now driving a donated 2005 Saturn VUE that our cook had used to pick up groceries and donations. Still had most of my wardrobe, expensive shoes, skin care products and my teeth. LOL! Couldn’t go to Starbucks, get massages, dine out or get facials,"

Thread is titled "not planning for tomorrow". Sounds like h/she didn't plan for today either. Over-leveraged can be a b*tch. "When the tide goes out.... etc etc etc."

Last edited:
bye bye (mostly replaceable) home office items and a rack of clothing and Jimmy Choos that I’d planned to sell.
Oh, no! Not the Jimmy Choos!

Still had most of my wardrobe, expensive shoes, skin care products and my teeth.
So the Jimmy Choos weren't considered expensive?

I finally had time to deal with a life threatening health issue that could be (and was) surgically reversed.
Missed a Botox injection, did you? Well, that's easily fixed.

See, there are some advantages to wearing a size 7.5EE.

I can't spend $800 for a pair of designer shoes, because no designer will ever design shoes for wide feet.

:dance:

Oh, no! Not the Jimmy Choos!

Jimmy Choos

Attachments

• jimmy choos.jpg
    jimmy choos.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 322
I guess I am outdated. Ferragamo for me, every time. I have never heard of Jimmy Choos.

Hush Puppies, SAS and Minnetonka Moccasins for me!

Hush Puppies, SAS and Minnetonka Moccasins for me!

Birkenstocks in warm weather, Lucchese and Justin in cold weather.

Anybody think the post the OP quoted is made up by a troll on Quora just to get people agitated?

Anybody think the post the OP quoted is made up by a troll on Quora just to get people agitated?

No, because Quora is full of stupid. It's where people too dumb for reddit have to go.

Jimmy Choos

i would look terrible in those. :dance:

i always bought el cheapo sneakers for everything but work. my dress shoes were Florsheim or similar. then amy wife talked me into trying a pair of SAS soft shoes. those are muy muy bueno! apart from those shoes my wife and i will never be confused for fashion plates.

Last edited:
For shoes, I choose whatever fits and below $30 a pair.

This is another example of lack of risk management and know both ng about LBYM.

Merrell Moab 2 Waterproof...size 13. :cool:
Hah. Just walked the dog 2 miles in mine. I pretty much live in Merrell Moabs. The low cut vented ones all summer and the ankle high waterproofs all fall. I can do a strenuous, 3000 ft elevation gain hike with these right out of the box and still be comfortable . No breaking in to worry about.
Have been hiking in moabs foe years, never a blister or any issue.

When you wear size 15s, you buy what you can find. I wear everything from Allen Edmonds to Converse All-Stars, and try to stay American made, like New Balance. I have about 6 pair of tennis shoes/sneakers, on standby. I plan for tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom