League Bowlers?

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
So, any users here on a bowling league? I have always enjoyed bowling and did a fair amount of league play as a kid but life just kinda got in the way as an adult. Now, I am thinking of getting back into it...although I don't bowl nearly as well as I did as a kid. :D

Locally, I don't really "hang out" with too many people, so I would probably have to join a league without really knowing anyone. I would assume this isn't too hard to do? Well, maybe...just not sure.

ExFly,
I was in a league with work friends for years.
I'm snowbirding now, so I regretfully had to quit my league.
They ended up not bowling last winter during covid, and now that long time bowling league ended. Many of the people were retired.
I miss the bowling, but mostly the people.
I hope you find a league. It sounds fun.
JP

I'm on a league... A fun, not super competitive one and have a good time. Just started the new season Monday and messed up by bowling too well since they recalculate handicaps each season!

A lot of the guys on my senior golf league switch over to a bowling league in the winter. I’ve been invited but so far I have not joined. Mostly due to Covid. Maybe next year.

I started in a fairly competitive league, even though I have not bowled in 10 years. I am in the lowest 10% of the ave in the league.

I came in at 175, and quickly hit my floor re-adjusted average of 165.
However, I have been getting back into it and have scored over average 5 straight nights, with a 234 one game. My team seems to love me lately.

It is fun, but a little more competitive than I would like. It sort of feels like work…

I started in a fairly competitive league, even though I have not bowled in 10 years. I am in the lowest 10% of the ave in the league.

I came in at 175, and quickly hit my floor re-adjusted average of 165.
However, I have been getting back into it and have scored over average 5 straight nights, with a 234 one game. My team seems to love me lately.

It is fun, but a little more competitive than I would like. It sort of feels like work…

234...very nice. I would be happy to bowl a 170'ish these days. I do NOT like the idea of it being like w*rk, though. :cool:

Same as OP, I bowled a lot when I was younger (was on the bowling "team" in HS) but not so much as an adult. Would love to join a fun (not so competitive) league but would not know how to go about it.

Back
Top Bottom