Leg cramps at night

I just bought a pair of Sigvaris compression stockings recommended by the pharmacy. Anyone of you use compression socks/ stockings before and do they help your condition?

I just bought a pair of Sigvaris compression stockings recommended by the pharmacy. Anyone of you use compression socks/ stockings before and do they help your condition?

Yup. The symptoms I had were a little different from a leg cramp, though. I'd get twitching muscles when in bed, and I had an unconscious habit of wiggling or tapping one foot when remaining still for a while. That, plus the aches in one leg just above the ankle and below the knee were all clues to early "veinous insufficiency", in my case leaky check valves in leg veins. Too much sitting in the workplace. Retirement is good...

With mild compression (8-15 mm Hg knee socks) and elevating the legs 18" above the heart for 15 minutes 3 times daily the symptoms have been greatly reduced. Oh, and my running pace rose 7% almost immediately. (probably explains why these sort of socks are popular with runners, eh?)

Back
Top Bottom