List of Things Not to Annoy Our Kids

So how about a list of what children owe us for making sure they didn’t die before adulthood? It’s goes both ways. Parents are so beholden to their children these days. When did that change again?

Children don’t owe parents anything

Parents chose to have children

i wear socks with my sandals, and don't care what petty people think about it.

Although, if my kids ever bugged me about it, i'd be sure to include all my socks in my will for that kid. :d

IMG_0198.jpg

I find much of the list to be stupid. I rode with my mom in her 80’s and she drove fine. When she got older instead of buying her gifts we would take her on a trip and pay for her. We certainly didn’t expect the reverse.

If you really didn’t care, you wouldn’t feel the need to refer to them as “petty” ;)

I knew including the word petty would look like I cared what those folks think.
But no, they are petty because they think it's important and they feel the need to fix the world in that way regarding something so petty and trivial. Yet they have not solved world hunger. :)

The biggest thing I have learned is discernment and patience, to figure out when something is important enough to open my mouth, and when it is not.
The secret of getting along with others. Very often hard learned if ever.

Pellice, once kids are successfully launched or reach a certain age parents aren’t responsible for paying for all the things on this list. If they can afford it and want to great but it certainly isn’t a expectation.

When our daughter hit age 18 about 15 years ago, she decided that Mom and Dad were totally incompetent drivers. She has been the most annoying passenger ever since. She spouts a criticism every minute. Thankfully, she left the house after college.

Love this funny list! I’m sure my kids would have a lot to add to it. I just tell them it’s only going to get worse.

Children don’t owe parents anything

Parents chose to have children

Yeah, only if you live in developed western societies. In most places, children are a consequence of sex and just a biological destiny. Even for those who didn’t want children, it is what happens. Much of the world still doesn’t have access to reliable birth control and women don’t have much control over their lives. In any case, your comment is strictly a western view and is not shared by the vast majority of societies and cultures

Man this thread got serious fast, so I'll add some "lighter" tips:

24. Don't leave your GK's voicemails
25. If you really think you must, then don't leave them voicemails that start with "I know you'll never listen to this..."
26. Set your phone to vibrate instead of the beachboys ring tone at full blast

Why not annoy the kids? They spent at least 17 years annoying parents!

As for not driving anyone after 70. Utter rubbish.

And get off my lawn!

How about this as an all purpose guide to both sides of the generational divide? Treat them the way you want them to treat you - with kindness and respect.

I treated the kids with kindness and respect for years - most of their life, in fact. Now I'd rather annoy them.

This thread starts with a flawed premise. Why the hell wouldn't I want to annoy kids!!! I consider it a core competency and one of the purposes of my existence. :dance:

I treated the kids with kindness and respect for years - most of their life, in fact. Now I'd rather annoy them.

This thread starts with a flawed premise. Why the hell wouldn't I want to annoy kids!!! I consider it a core competency and one of the purposes of my existence. :dance:

Bingo! I do tone it down when future DIL is around (don't want to scare her off, she is a real keeper)

Man this thread got serious fast, so I'll add some "lighter" tips:

24. Don't leave your GK's voicemails
25. If you really think you must, then don't leave them voicemails that start with "I know you'll never listen to this..."
26. Set your phone to vibrate instead of the beachboys ring tone at full blast
What would be the Fun, Fun, Fun of that!!

In London last year we were babysitting 3 year old grand-niece for a few days and had her singing Barbara Ann in no time! I am sure her British parents greatly appreciated our efforts! :LOL:

Why not annoy the kids? They spent at least 17 years annoying parents!

As for not driving anyone after 70. Utter rubbish.

And get off my lawn!

17 years?! Man did you get off easy!

Back
Top Bottom