Living the dream at The Bunny Ranch...

Yeah, too bad about winter. I bet it looks green in the spring/summer. Very nice.

Yep, we just got back from a trip up there (two months later) and everything was green and flowering.

Attachments

• 20220516_142519.jpg
    20220516_142519.jpg
    999.4 KB · Views: 50
Yep, we just got back from a trip up there (two months later) and everything was green and flowering.

Thanks! Makin' me homesick for the old homestead in the midwest - I'll be there in a week (Lord willin' and the creek don't rise.)

Welcome to TN, we made the big move to NE TN 7 years ago. We looked in the Crossville area as a possibility but decided on 7.5 acres tucked up to the Cherokee National Forest. Just South of the Tri Cities.

Well, that didn't take long. We put our old house on the market on Friday but the agent put a little teaser on her Facebook page the day before and someone wanted to come by to look at it that night. We went under contract with those people 24 hours later for more money than we listed. My thing of not wanting to sell to the first people to look at the house got blown out of the water but what are you going to do. You can't turn down your best offer.

Attachments

• 20220601_133648.jpg
    20220601_133648.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 74
Well, that didn't take long.

Very Nice... Congratulations. almost as fast as we sold our... LOL

Our neighbors (and good friends) had always been interested in our place... A realtor had been send us mailings interested in our place, Ran into her at the gas station one day and she asked if they still were bugging us... I said yup, and their latest offer.... Her Eyes got wide, says " Thats a lot of money for your place. (nearly 3X appraised value) We don't have the money on hand, but if you wait till Friday I can get you a Check" ... SOLD that quick

We got our first hay harvest of the year (18 bales) and the next morning we got to see our doe walking around the bales. This country living is great!

Attachments

• 20220606_085703.jpg
    20220606_085703.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 65
We got our first hay harvest of the year (18 bales) and the next morning we got to see our doe walking around the bales. This country living is great!

Looks great!
The peacefulness and solitude of the rural life is wonderful. I also know it isn't for everyone but the ones that love the outdoors it is paradise.

When do you start building the house?

I would say we are a good two years away from starting, but I really have no idea. Supply chain problems and lack of manpower is going to keep me in the single wide for a while. I just don't feel like messing with it. Waiting 3 months for windows isn't something I want to do.

I would say we are a good two years away from starting, but I really have no idea. Supply chain problems and lack of manpower is going to keep me in the single wide for a while. I just don't feel like messing with it. Waiting 3 months for windows isn't something I want to do.

Pole barn with kitchenette/bathroom before house build seems a popular choice.

Especially for those with a RV they want to move inside a "garage."

That was exactly what our plan was... Until we managed to pick up the house next door. We have fixed up the 2 car garage as an extension of the camper and continue on the house.

I've been begging for someone to just return my phone calls for doing a simple concrete slab for a shed we bought on Valentines day. I don't think you understand how bad it is in some places. We were extremely lucky we only waited 6 months to get our single wide trailer.

congrats on the house sale!
Perhaps you need to do some collaboration on getting things built/done. Do some skills trading, whatever you can do to move it forward. A shed slab is not too bad to do yourself with some help.

I've been begging for someone to just return my phone calls for doing a simple concrete slab for a shed we bought on Valentines day. I don't think you understand how bad it is in some places. We were extremely lucky we only waited 6 months to get our single wide trailer.
It looks like an idyllic location. Less population means fewer people and businesses though. I think if you hang out at building supply stores you can probably snag someone who wants s smaller job. It must be expensive to get a truck out there to do a small pour.

Just out of curiosity, is your wife’s desire to move back to AZ because of personal connections, weather, scenery, or ??

Sorry, i did not see your question until now. Funny, my wife has cooled to the idea of moving back to Arizona; our son living there, is moving to Texas. Plus, the future of Arizona and water is pretty dismal. She grew up there and loves the dry climate. Now, we arent sure what our future will bring.

Right, first thought was Vegas bunny .. then I thought you were raising Rabbits or small bunny rabbits. ;) At any rate, have you decided on doing this.

A shed slab is not too bad to do yourself with some help.

We had the last of the concrete poured two days ago on 8/5/22. It was during a horrible rainstorm and it looks pretty bad. I am doing my best to change my mindset and understand that even though I will be looking at it for the next 30 years or so, it is just a tractor shed. Who cares how it looks. I had a big talk with my wife and let her know that I was no longer concerned about perfection with everything. The concrete came out to be $2500 more than the estimate. I'm learning how to deal with that as well.

We actually fired the first person who was doing the concrete. After 6 weeks he had gotten as far as putting some crooked forms up. I paid him $1000 and told him he was fired. Long story but he was definitely a handful. I'm learning there are more important things than $1000. I was going to make a separate thread about this but got busy with other things.

20220805_121959.jpg

Last edited:
We now have more livestock on the ranch. Meet Willow and Angel, the barn cats. The 5 and 6 YO who lived across the street from us at the old house named them.
20220803_090907.jpg

It must be expensive to get a truck out there to do a small pour.

Delivery costs us $105 for a concrete truck (we had five of them).

Delivery costs us $140 for a gravel dump truck. We will pay for load #12 next week.

Moving to the country is expensive!

Delivery costs us $105 for a concrete truck (we had five of them).

Delivery costs us $140 for a gravel dump truck. We will pay for load #12 next week.

Moving to the country is expensive!

Heh, heh, MOVING is expensive. Good luck!

We bought something orange a couple of weeks ago. Wow, this thing is handy on the farm but is without a doubt the most expensive toy I have ever purchased.

Attachments

• 20220901_175631.jpg
    20220901_175631.jpg
    817.1 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom