Looking for any easy centerpiece to make

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I was asked if I would be interested in making about 15 to 20 centerpieces for a wedding sit down dinner.

I have did some searching but I haven't found an eye catcher yet. I would like to stay with a wood piece and as simple as it can be to make. Lol They want to add a candle and some wooded flowers which will be made (not by me).

I have a lot of old cedar fence posts from the ranch that might make a nice western style display if I can be creative. I have one of these in my home that was done on a turning lathe which I don't have anymore. I will do some projects and see how they turn out and see what the kids say.

I don't want to have 5 hours in each one so if you know of a simple wood centerpiece an idea please share it with me.

Here is a bottle made from a cedar fence post that has a barbwire stapled to it. I was thinking of something like this.

Attachments

• IMG_5444.JPG
    IMG_5444.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 128
SIL is an arborist, they had round wood discs and short logs, different sizes and groupings, where they added flowers, candles, moss, etc. No carvings though.

You could check online/pinterest for ideas.

^ thanks.
That is a better idea if she wants a candle in the centerpiece. I will show her those cut dish type pieces.

No design ideas but suggest that you think about keeping them low, so people at the table can see and talk to those across from them.

omni

That is another great idea. Thanks!!

My parents always had a birch log with holes drilled for candles and some decoration attached to it for Christmas, but different decoration would change the occassion. Similar to this (but ours was longer :)

506255_0_41

^ That gives me another idea to throw out to them. I could even make something like that with century plus old cedar. Great idea!

^ That gives me another idea to throw out to them. I could even make something like that with century plus old cedar. Great idea!
Pffttt!
Do not make a centerpiece that will outlast the marriage... that will be regarded as very bad form.

My suggestion: Make something out of old manila and hanging-file folders. Only tool needed is a pair of scissors. Pull the metal out of the hanging folders and bend by hand to suite. Use scissors to snip notches here and there in pieces of folders to lock them together in your design like the eggcrate-grill packaging uses.

As to what people think about it when they see it, stick your nose up in the air and remind those commoners that "Good art always offends some", and "GREAT art offends ALL". (think Salvadore Dali)

If you are successful, they will all be in the dumpster right after dinner.

If you are unsuccessful, most will be carried home by the guests, you will be regaled as an artistic savant, and you will never have a moments peace afterward for the rest of your life, with all the demands for new pieces of your genius.
;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom