Mega Millions 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember the 1st time ever I bought a lottery ticket, when AZ first had it back in the early 80s. I don't remember how much I bought, perhaps $2 for 2 tickets, just to see what the tickets looked like, and how the process worked. But I remember clearly that I won the smallest $2 prize.

Have not bought much since, and of course "you can't win if you don't play", like the state likes to advertise.

These lotteries are really bad. A tax on people who are bad at math. I have never bought a lottery ticket and I am saddened by the many stories I read about people who "won" and it ruined their lives, as well as people playing it weekly who can't afford to.

And many of these lotteries were "sold" to voters saying the money would go to schools. And our schools just get worse and worse.

Bad deal all the way around the way I see it.

... Hey, I just found some money. $1,177.61, to be exact. My own money!

Just ran a Quicken download, and this time paying a bit more attention to the balance of a Vanguard account. Saw something wrong, so logged into Vanguard to get the actual balance to be sure.

It turned out that in late 2020, when Vanguard was doing some account transitioning, the cash in Vanguard Prime Money Fund was transferred to Vanguard Cash Reserve Federal Money Market. Somehow, the transfer was not reflected in Quicken. And I "lost" that cash amount.

So you hadn't reconciled your Vanguard account since late 2020! 1-1/2 years ago? OMG! The shame! Off with his head! [emoji848]

So you hadn't reconciled your Vanguard account since late 2020! 1-1/2 years ago? OMG! The shame! Off with his head! [emoji848]

Our accounts at Vanguard add up to a measly 2.4% of portfolio. I opened them many years ago with the possibility of transferring more money in, but had doubts about their service so never put more in.

I have a couple more accounts elsewhere like the Vanguard accounts that I neglected. If Quicken can still download from them, then the accounts are still there and have not been robbed. I don't mind if Quicken is off by a few $K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom