Most Unbelievable thing a date has ever said to you.........

"Your friend is cute. Can you give him my number?"

And I did. No sense fighting a battle you're sure to lose, and he was my friend.

"So how do you feel about kids?"

First time I ever encountered a guy who had baby rabies. :hide:

Mine is the most unbelievable thing a non-date ever said. This happened years ago. I was out and about and met a guy. Wasn't particularly interested, but he nagged me into agreeing to go out on a date with him. I showed up at the pre-arranged time & place but he never did. The "most unbelievable" part of the story is, he saw me by coincidence a few days later and asked me out again. Can you believe it?!?!? This guy has become my personal definition of "unmitigated gall".

Kyounge, it sounds like he was attracted to you, but had serious short-term memory problems!

Amethyst

Mine is the most unbelievable thing a non-date ever said. This happened years ago. I was out and about and met a guy. Wasn't particularly interested, but he nagged me into agreeing to go out on a date with him. I showed up at the pre-arranged time & place but he never did. The "most unbelievable" part of the story is, he saw me by coincidence a few days later and asked me out again. Can you believe it?!?!? This guy has become my personal definition of "unmitigated gall".

Amythest, there is an unwritten rule, mostly written by men, that sex is expected after three dates. I learned this from men in my divorce recovery group. Most of the women in the group curled their lip at that news.

Not sure this dating experience is "unbelieveable" but it sure took me aback. Met this man on Match.com and we had a meet up. He began telling me about how a lot of the women he meets from Match.com have misleading pictures that show them much younger and much slimmer than they turn out to be. Then, as if I didn't get his point yet, he told me that the restaurant had a fat free, sugar free chai. (I was enjoying the regular, sugar and fat laden one).

And, FYI, my pictures were quite recent and not misleading at all, in my view. But of course I picked the most flattering ones, as does everyone.

Another Match.com "date" immediately told me that several years ago his daughter had committed suicide. What a fun date that was! Maybe that was his way of chasing me away. Anyway, it worked! I could go on with more. . . Dating, UGH, done with that.

Amythest, there is an unwritten rule, mostly written by men, that sex is expected after three dates. I learned this from men in my divorce recovery group.

Thank goodness Frank never heard about that one! :2funny: After meeting him though an online dating website, I was nervous about giving him my address and phone number. More nervous than with other people, because he was so intelligent and smooth as silk, not the average, run of the mill guy. I honestly didn't know what to make of him and he scared me. Anyway we met for coffee and dinner six times before I would tell him where I lived or give him my full name, much less have sex. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: Luckily he did not give up.

Kyounge, it sounds like he was attracted to you, but had serious short-term memory problems!

Amethyst

That would have been extremely early onset! I don't think either of us had seen forty springs yet. My own opinion is, the guy thought he was so irresistible that not only could no woman in her right mind resist the chance of dating him, we were pining away for the privilege of being stiffed!

I don't have any stories on this, but if any of the girls I dated were on this forum they could well be posting about me. (I say 'girls' as I haven't been on a date since just after my 19th birthday when my DW2B said "I thought you'd never ask!" when I asked her out on a date).

Strangest Thing I have Said On A Date

This is from an ancient post where I was pondering taking a buyout and retiring ( http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/oh-hell-what-do-i-do-if-the-answer-is-yes-24619.html ) if you want the whole thread, but this is the relevant excerpt:

Oh hell, what do I do now? I had this experience what seems like a lifetime ago at a London penthouse party. I was invited by British friend and this was a party out of my class/comfort zone (I was working for the US Navy in London). These were the really rich (my friend was a financial advisor to the Rothchild family) & the beautiful, a party like you see in movies. There was one stunningly beautiful gal wearing a plunging, black velvet long dress, looked right out of the Black Velvet liquor ads if anyone recalls those ads. I talked to her a little and was smitten. I had to leave the party with my friend who had invited me, I didn't get to talk to Sandra much. A day or two later I asked my friend about how I could contact or find out more about Sandra.and he asked if I were "serious" (I have no idea what the Brits mean by that term in that context. ) Anyway a week or two later he passes me her phone number. I was more than pleasantly surprised. So I called her, perfectly well prepared to be declined, scorned or worse. And then I asked her out and she said----yes. Then it hit me, holy s&%t, now what do I do?

The rest of the story:

OK, since some have asked I will finish reporting about my time with Sandra. It is probably not what you expect and maybe a bit mystical. I still remember the first dinner with Sandra, where we went and what we said. In that first date exchange she asked basically what I want in life. I remember my answer very clearly because it was a surprise to watch the words come out of my mouth. I said that I want a sense of peace. She asked what I meant, I said well someone could come in her with a 45 and rob me and maybe shoot me but I would not be unnerved or overwhelmed. As I said that I couldn’t believe what I was saying as I had never said things like that on a date or pretty much to anyone, it was like watching myself speak in a foreign language I didn’t recognize. But she must have liked what I said as we had a good time and went on many more dates over the next several months. She was an internally driven person, doing *exactly* what she wanted to. She was managing a (horse) riding academy which was pretty classy and was quitting to become a stewardess (or in flight attendant?) much lower on the social & financial scale, and she hung out with me when she had the Rolls Royce set if she wanted. I still remember how attractive she was, one time we went to a fancy dress (costume) party and she dressed as a mouse which was tights and a Playboy bunny type sort of black velvet swim suit type thing. Guys were bumping into things watching her. Now there was one frustrating thing about hanging out with someone more attractive than Catherine Zeta Jones (wrong type-Sandra was a blonde, but with that impact) who genuinely delighted in each others presence except----- for not having sex. After a while I thought well, I really think she likes me so I will just not see her for a while until she ‘comes around’. And she left for her flying job, she was multilingual but couldn’t wait for Air France so went with Air Lingus (sp?) as they were hiring immediately. I soon found a very nice girl who was pretty good in the missing department. I didn’t pine over Sandra, we never really had a commitment, but I thought of her frequently enough, sometimes thinking myself a dolt for stopping seeing her.

About a year later my friend Peter asked me if I had heard about Sandra. I said no. She had died of stomach cancer. It all just sort of fit better. She had been given a year to live when she met me and was living the way she wanted. You can have your own psychological/spiritual explanation but I am convinced that she heard from me what she needed to hear and whatever it is I said I felt more like a spectator that the speaker but that was fine with me then and is still OK by me now.

Good for you Yakers. It sounds like she was a brave person facing an absolute disaster. It might have been better for everyone if she could have opened up more, but you took her as she was and I am sure that she died grateful for having had you in her life.

Ha

It's going to be tough following Yakers' story, but, I'll try. This happened to a friend of mine who was on a blind date. Turns out the woman weighed about 300 pounds, but was friendly enough. Halfway through the restaurant dinner she asks my friend if he would mind if she made herself more comfortable. He says, "Not at all, go ahead, make yourself more comfortable." She then proceeds to take out her false teeth and puts them in her glass of water. They eat the rest of the meal with my friend staring at her teeth in the glass. He says he couldn't stop looking at them. Up to then, he was always a breast guy. Who knew?

Not unbelievable but boring, boring, boring:

"What's your sign of the zodiac"? Remember, this was early 60s.

Well, in my mid-20's, I wasn't exactly unaware of the relationship between dating and sex, myself :angel: . The trouble was the crass way he chose to raise the topic - totally not in keeping with the way he'd treated me up to then. Too bad, he was cute, but then, so was I -- his loss....:whistle:

Amythest, there is an unwritten rule, mostly written by men, that sex is expected after three dates. .

Had a date tell me I had a pleasant face.

My sister later translated that as the nice way to say "plain".

Course, my DH thinks I'm beautiful.

Different strokes for different folks.

On the first date....

I have been considering a trans-gender reassignment but thought I'd try one more time before getting serious about it.

I still don't know if he was serious or if the statement was designed to entice me do my best to change his mind. There was no second date.

Well, ladies, here is a perspective from the flip side. As a guy, if I don't pursue or at least hint at the possibility of something more, I get asked if I'm gay. No, but thank you for the compliment I suppose? I was dancing with this 25-year-old nurse a couple of weekends ago, and after she said exactly those words, I figure I stand a pretty good chance of at least a make out session, so I invited her out for drinks. (Yes, by that time, all the bars were already past last call, so hint, hint, let's get back to your place for some drinks.) She said she was tired.

A more recent story was from last night. After a couple of women hip and boob grinded me for 10 minutes each, I asked them for their numbers. One said maybe, and the other disappeared after I was grabbed for another dance. Maybe I should have charged them for the hip grinds? At least I would have made my cover charge back.

I've known guys so eager to find Ms. Right that--before we even get to go out--they start asking if you're interested in getting married. Now how is that for a switch? And they say it's just us gals who do that.

A more recent story was from last night. After a couple of women hip and boob grinded me for 10 minutes each, I asked them for their numbers. One said maybe, and the other disappeared after I was grabbed for another dance. Maybe I should have charged them for the hip grinds? At least I would have made my cover charge back.

A few years ago another woman said to thë woman I was hanging out with, "hey if you can finish here no need to take him home."

Who said women aren't direct?

Ha

I once dated a gorgeous blond protestant girl at my former company.

After going out for awhile, she said she would like to go to a protestant church with me, "but not to any of those churches that talk about Jesus, God, or any of that kind of stuff."

Kramer

I once dated a gorgeous blond protestant girl at my former company.

After going out for awhile, she said she would like to go to a protestant church with me, "but not to any of those churches that talk about Jesus, God, or any of that kind of stuff."

Kramer

ah - think that's the Utilitarian Church.

Back
Top Bottom