Moved now how to find a new doctor?

folivier

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW and I have been seeing the same doctors for almost 40 years. Really pleased with them but hers recently retired. Mine is planning to retire next year. And we recently moved about an hour away actually closer to a large city. We could still continue seeing the other doctors in the practice for yearly checkups, etc. and use urgent care for sickness, injuries, etc. but really want to get established with someone much closer.
What would be the best way to find and get established with a new doctor that will take new patients?
We definitely need to do this before we go on Medicare in a couple years.
I guess the biggest problem is if we would need to be hospitalized our old doctors would send us to their local hospital (which has very good care) but we would want to go to Baton Rouge where our sons and other family live.
Any suggestions to find another doctor?

When I was looking for a doc a long time ago, I got recommendations from neighbors. There was one who everyone raved about and had fantastic reviews. I called and discovered he wasn't taking new patients, but he offered the names of two others he recommended. Hooked up with one of them and have been extremely happy with the choice.

My last referral was obtained from co-w*rkers absolutely floored me with how many had a doc they "wouldn't refer their worst enemy to".

I was the patient of doc moron, so the first bs diagnosis I get means I'm out of there. Been 16 years with my current Dr. he's been wanting to retire so I'll be going through the same process.

try posting on your nextdoor app - it's great for all kinds of referrals

I had a great dr here but he died mountain biking

I found my new dr when I had my pulmonary embolism - I wouldn't suggest that method

Back
Top Bottom