My 9000th post, and a goodbye from posting.......

Sorry to see you go, but this is one reason why I have only 1000+ posts to my name after being here for 5 years. This is a forum I want to continue to visit, so I want to avoid burn out.

Wait. Am I repeating myself?

maybe you only have 500+ original posts to your name :whistle:

Ok, you made me change my avatar. It's going to be a hairy behind until you change your mind...or until I start to gag...:sick:

Maybe FD has decided to bow out at 9k posts just as the market passes 9k because we will no longer need financial advice....all up up up from here. dow 20k!!

Maybe FD has decided to bow out at 9k posts just as the market passes 9k because we will no longer need financial advice....all up up up from here. dow 20k!!

Maybe we should pay him to stay on for another 11,000 posts?

I'll miss FD too but 9K posts is a lot of time spent online and not on one's family or work--better to spend that time with his wife/kids/clients (in that order). So good luck, FD!

Hey there everyone:

Anyways, with 9000 posts, I have said my piece. I will continue as a lurker, but will not be posting. I may change my mind and come back, like CFB did, but that is doubtful.

Best luck to everyone on here, you're a bunch of great folks to be
FinanceDude (Scott)

You'll be lurking only. Does that mean you are actually semi-retiring from the Early Retirement Forum?

I, too, will miss you and hope you won't be able to tolerate your semi-retirement from the Early Retirement Forum.

Ok, you made me change my avatar. It's going to be a hairy behind until you change your mind...or until I start to gag...:sick:
Bbb: Do try to behave yourself:D! That´s far from being ladylike! I´m sure that you can come up with more proper means of threatening, i.e. that piece of yours with the quaint red plug on it:LOL:.

I bet now that Sarah P. is free of her governor duties she and Finance Dude are running away together to Russia so she can still see her kids from there .

Odds are currently 34:1 that FD will post again before Aug 15th.

I sure wish I could stop posting. I tried putting myself on ignore so that at least I wouldn't be able to read my posts.

I bet now that Sarah P. is free of her governor duties she and Finance Dude are running away together to Russia so she can still see her kids from there .

you nailed it, but not how you think...:rolleyes:

Its just a forum,post or don't post no one cares but is it really necessary to go out like you are falling on your sword?

Its just a forum,post or don't post no one cares but is it really necessary to go out like you are falling on your sword?
Well, I for one, Jambo, like to know why a member no longer posts. I worry about people that just disappear like LG4NB. You may not care, but do not assume every one agrees with your opinion.

Well, I for one, Jambo, like to know why a member no longer posts. I worry about people that just disappear like LG4NB. You may not care, but do not assume every one agrees with your opinion.

Thanks, bbbamI, I was going to type something like that. Also, many on this board really know others here, some thru posting, PMs, etc and a few have actually met others. It's not "just" a forum to many here.

Also, you can tell your plans to one of us blabbermouths.

Freebird hasn’t posted since 7/13. She didn’t swear me to secrecy so I can say that she will be scarce for a while. But don’t worry, it’s for fun, happy activities.

Thanks, bbbamI, I was going to type something like that. Also, many on this board really know others here, some thru posting, PMs, etc and a few have actually met others. It's not "just" a forum to many here.

I was off the forum for about a week not long ago. When I got back on I had a PM from another member checking to see if all was well. I was really surprised that anyone cared or even noticed. It really brightened up my day.
You know who you are ....so thank you again. :flowers:

R

Hey there everyone:

As a regular poster I have had a lot of fun commiserating, arguing, agreeing, learning, pontificating, etc, on this forum. Nearly all the folks on here I like, the few I don't, you know who you are.........:LOL:

Anyways, with 9000 posts, I have said my piece. I will continue as a lurker, but will not be posting. I may change my mind and come back, like CFB did, but that is doubtful.

Best luck to everyone on here, you're a bunch of great folks to be sure.......:D

I heard something about "invisible mode".......sounds intriguing, but I don't know how to do that.........

Peace,

FinanceDude (Scott)
I don't see any reason for not posting included in FD's original post, above. Saying that he has "said his piece" doesn't say much.

The thread has some dramatic effect for many of us, but I don't see that it is conveying much information about why he left. I agree with those who think he will be back in less than a month.

So does anyone know what happened with Lazy good for nothing bum? Just curious - he added a dose of color and drama to the mix. Not my choice for regular reading, but his information on birds, bamboo, and his Florida scene is an incremental loss.

And dang it Bunny, reinstall that wired down switch and come back!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom