My new baby (bike)

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My new baby. This is the second new bike I've owned in my lifetime. I bought the last one 25 years ago. It was still like new. I had it tuned up last year with new tires IMG_0060.jpg etc.. I gave it to my future son in law. I wanted to treat myself to disc brakes, a real suspension etc. It is a joy.

Looks great. Is that a hybrid? What brand?
We are looking for bikes but they are in short supply.

This is a hybrid, a Giant Roam I added the kick stand and the rack. I researched and this is a very popular model that buyers seem happy with.

I like the beefy stand and the rear cargo rack. I recently bought a cheapo Walmart bike and installed similar cargo rack plus the Dynamo light on it. It only has around 30milea on it so far but I am hoping to ride it all year long (I also got a bike trainer to use it indoors).

I am still learning how to adjust the derailers and true the wheels. It is a lot fun learning things from YouTube and make improvements on the bike.

It would be fun to ride it during the camping trip with all the camping gears on the cargo rack when the park opens again.

I also ordered a smaller bike bag for the back rack, and a gel seat cover.

nice looking bike.

Looks nice! Is that 26 inch wheels?

Very nice. We've been talking about trying a couple of bikes. A local shop rents and sells them. In couple weeks it's going to be a little warmer maybe time to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom