Need new car

Just checked and the dongle did disable remote start in my Buick. Not really a problem since I rarely use it. Maybe in Colorado but it's easy to unplug.

Good morning FIRE folks,

I had a car wreck Tuesday evening which totaled my Mazda6 (which also saved my life) and now am looking for a new car. I'm leaning towards a Subaru Crosstrek and looking for current late model owners for their ownership experience. Full disclosure: i've owned 3 Subies in the past, but my last one was a 2006 Impreza sport (which I loved) but not sure on current gen of cars. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Some years back got hit from behind while stopped on the LA freeway one morning heading for work. She was in a midsized Honda and I was driving a Buick enclave. Cop figured she was doing about 25. Her engine was on the floor and the car crumple up like someone stepped on an empty aluminum beer can. I drove my car off the highway and waited for the cops who were sorely pissed that the other driver had left the scene. Introduced my self and he looked at the minor damage to my rear bumper and her car which was totalled. In the end I needed some minor work as she bent my exhaust and damaged some back up sensors. But have made it a point of driving substantial and safe vehicles ever since. Any accident I can walk away from is okay by me!

Some years back got hit from behind while stopped on the LA freeway one morning heading for work. She was in a midsized Honda and I was driving a Buick enclave. Cop figured she was doing about 25. Her engine was on the floor and the car crumple up like someone stepped on an empty aluminum beer can. I drove my car off the highway and waited for the cops who were sorely pissed that the other driver had left the scene. Introduced my self and he looked at the minor damage to my rear bumper and her car which was totalled. In the end I needed some minor work as she bent my exhaust and damaged some back up sensors. But have made it a point of driving substantial and safe vehicles ever since. Any accident I can walk away from is okay by me!

That's so you !! ;) :LOL:

I ended up with a 2024 Subaru Crosstrek premium. Got a good deal and the car is great for me. 2.0 liter not too powerful, but it’s fine for commuting and a safe car

Glad I bought my Enclave. Besides I'll be 70 in a couple months so I'm due for a Buick!

I ended up with a 2024 Subaru Crosstrek premium. Got a good deal and the car is great for me. 2.0 liter not too powerful, but it’s fine for commuting and a safe car

Great choice! We are at our 4th Subaru (2011 Legacy, 2012 Outback, 2015 Outback, cheated on Outback with a dud of a Lexus 350 in 2018/19, 2020 Ascent). We had 3 BMWs before and prefer Subarus now. We are looking to get another Subaru Ascent in 2025/2026.

Great choice! We are at our 4th Subaru (2011 Legacy, 2012 Outback, 2015 Outback, cheated on Outback with a dud of a Lexus 350 in 2018/19, 2020 Ascent). We had 3 BMWs before and prefer Subarus now. We are looking to get another Subaru Ascent in 2025/2026.
As I've noted elsewhere here, I'm Subaru shopping. How do you like the Ascent?

I've been thinking that, if we decide we need the turbo engine, we should consider one instead of the Outback.

I was really concerned with the 2.0 liter engine being underpowered. It’s not a rocket ship by any stretch, but it’s very good for commuting. I’m really likeing the CVT on this thing.

So glad you were unhurt. Apparently the car took all the pain for you.:)

Regarding Subaru, this brand seems to have one of the best brand loyalties of the various car companies. I would feel comfortable going this way though my first choice is always Toyota though YMMV. Good luck.

For added context on Mazda saving me…

Attachments

• IMG_4539.jpg
    IMG_4539.jpg
    901.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
I would recommend ordering a new 2024 Mustang Ecoboost.
I ordered mine (a convertible) back in July and it came in back in November.
300 HP and all the bells & whistles...

I was really concerned with the 2.0 liter engine being underpowered. It’s not a rocket ship by any stretch, but it’s very good for commuting. I’m really liking the CVT on this thing.

Subaru has really improved on the fake shift point of the CVT over the years.

As I've noted elsewhere here, I'm Subaru shopping. How do you like the Ascent?

I've been thinking that, if we decide we need the turbo engine, we should consider one instead of the Outback.

We love our Ascent. The ride is very comfortable and the turbo is very powerful. We do alot of long road trips, spending months away in the winters and summers, and pack alot of stuff, including 2 golf bags, sous vide circulators, and stuff needed for cooking and baking. We fold down the third row and get everything in. We also normally invite friends to join us for parts of our trip. On golf days, we usually end up with 4 sets of golf clubs which we get into the back without any issues.

We got the Limited which is without Nav and hence we are looking to getting a new Ascent with Nav. Every car that we have owned since 1999 and before this car (BMW-BMW-BMW-Subaru-Subaru-Subaru-Lexus) had been with Nav and we thought we could live without Nav and rely on Android Auto. Android Auto is slow to connect and we much prefer that Nav comes on the moment we start the car. The Eyesight in the Subaru is way superior to other cars that we have driven (why we tossed out the 1-year old Lexus) when it comes to Adaptive Cruise Control.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom