News of Khan

I’m so sorry to read of this. She was a big influence on my decision-making processes right before retirement.

She will be missed.

I knew her under a prior screen name in another retirement forum, in the early 2000s. She was a character there too. I will never forget the story of her retirement luncheon. I went to look for it, but that forum doesn't have a search feature :( IIRC, she felt compelled to retire early - not only because she came to despise her job/workplace - but also because all her family members had died young and so she believed it to be her fate - so retiring became necessary in her eyes. So glad her life had interesting twists.

RIP Khan. I remember your posts fondly as you were a prevalant poster when I was more active on the board in my early days as a member.

Sorry to hear it. There are some forum authors that one tends to read no matter the topic. Khan was one of those. RIP.

When I came to this forum in 2008, Khan was more actively posting back then. Some people including myself thought she was a man, until Notmuchlonger pointed out that she was female. Darn, my memory is still good. The part that still works.

I still remember her posts and photos of her plants and her cat. After she found love and eloped to Florida, she posted much less. I understood that, and was happy for her to be busy with a different phase of life.

When I saw this thread, I looked back at her more recent posts, and did not see any complaint or misgiving about health issues, other than the twice postings about "moose balls".

Of course we remember Khan. This thread even brought out a few members who have not posted a while.

My favorite Khan saying was, "Yet more evidence that I am not really a woman." She (and I) felt this way about articles and memes about "men are this way, women are that way," usually that men are more analytic and rational while women are emotional, reactive, adorable, silly little dears.

When I came to this forum in 2008, Khan was more actively posting back then. Some people including myself thought she was a man,

My favorite Khan saying was, "Yet more evidence that I am not really a woman." She (and I) felt this way about articles and memes about "men are this way, women are that way," usually that men are more analytic and rational while women are emotional, reactive, adorable, silly little dears.

I don't think you're silly.

I just loved her Khan avatar as Wrath of Khan was my favorite Star Trek movie.

I enjoyed reading her posts as well. She was retired from Wright-Patterson AFB near Dayton, OH. I just retired as a contractor there as well. So, it was fun talking about her time there, before she moved to Florida.

Back
Top Bottom