Next hurricane headed toward LA/MISS?

So, did someone at the NHC forget that hurricane season is supposed to be over? What's with all the wind and rain right now, flood watch warnings and hurricane advisories?

It's not over until Monday, November 30th. How nice of the NHC to remind us of this! LOL :2funny: :ROFLMAO:

We were gonna get take out tonight but I'm not going out in the dark when I can't see how much water is on the roads and the food delivery services are all reporting extra long delivery wait time due to "driver shortage".
It's dark as night, here. Seems so early to get dark! Must be the time change. I don't like to drive after dark at all. But at least we don't have any rain. Looking at the radar, it looks like all of south Florida is experiencing rain from Eta right now. :(

So, did someone at the NHC forget that hurricane season is supposed to be over? What's with all the wind and rain right now, flood watch warnings and hurricane advisories?

I am so tired of hurricane season. It’s time to change the subject and get back to life.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one MichaelB....:ROFLMAO:

:peace::hide:

Last edited:
I think anyone who complains about warnings to prepare and/or evacuate for a hurricane that doesn't hit them should have to watch this hurricane's track over and over to see how crazy and unpredictable these can be.

Eta's crazy track

At least is looks like it will remain a TS. Hopefully weakens quickly and does not stall.

Wishing safety to everyone affected.

At least is looks like it will remain a TS. Hopefully weakens quickly and does not stall.

Wishing safety to everyone affected.
The latest advisor/forecast indicates it will reach hurricane status in a day or so but it "should" fall back to TS status after that. If their forecast is right!

Some of the recent models I've seen show it eventually crossing mid Florida north of Orlando... Maybe....

Last edited:
The latest advisor/forecast indicates it will reach hurricane status in a day or so but it "should" fall back to TS status after that.
+1

Here's the latest track, showing the NHC forecast that Hurricane Eta will reach hurricane intensity before 1 PM Monday, and to remain a hurricane until after 1 AM Wednesday.

It also shows that the turn is now supposed to happen early on Tuesday.

Attachments

• 220457_5day_cone_with_line.png
    220457_5day_cone_with_line.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 28
+1

Here's the latest track, showing the NHC forecast that Hurricane Eta will reach hurricane intensity before 1 PM Monday, and to remain a hurricane until after 1 AM Wednesday.

It also shows that the turn is now supposed to happen early on Tuesday.

This latest track could have the 2nd landfall right around where @RAE lives.
Could be around 60 mph and Tampa would get the stronger east side of the storm.

This latest track could have the 2nd landfall right around where @RAE lives.
Could be around 60 mph and Tampa would get the stronger east side of the storm.

Take care, everyone! Guess it's about time to work on any tropical storm/hurricane prep you have planned.

As W2R pointed out hurricane season does not end until the end of November. Hurricane season is June through November - a full 6 months!

Last edited:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are playing Sunday night football tonight in Tampa Bay and they are getting the outer bands of ETA.... Tropical storm conditions are in Tampa Bay's forecast for tonight... Although it really doesn't look to bad on TV, so far....

Interesting, of all the teams they could be playing, they are playing the team from the city ETA was targeting just a short time ago...The New Orleans Saints....:whistle:

Last edited:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are playing Sunday night football tonight in Tampa Bay and they are getting the outer bands of ETA.... Tropical storm conditions are in Tampa Bay's forecast for tonight... Although it really doesn't look to bad on TV, so far....

Interesting, of all the teams they could be playing, they are playing the team from the city ETA was targeting just a short time ago...The New Orleans Saints....:whistle:

The weather sure is not bothering the Saints!:D

Well at least they’ve dropped the hurricane forecast. But the cone is so wide that who knows where it is going to make the next landfall.

This storm has crossed Nicaragua, Honduras, Cuba, the Florida Keys, and will likely make a second Florida landfall. Crazy!

NHC just changed the track for ETA, and weakened it as well. Latest guess is that it may head toward the FL Panhandle, and weaken a lot before it gets there (to less than 39 mph). Some of the models are now showing that ETA will basically fizzle out in the Gulf before it gets anywhere close to land, and that is what I think will happen also. Too much dry air in the northern Gulf right now for it to hang together and maintain any strength.

Every time the NHC updates the trajectory, it moves a little further towards us here in New Orleans. :(

Right now the outer edge of the cone is about 25 miles east of us, so we still aren't in the cone (yet). Also, this forecast still does not predict it to be a hurricane.

Fizzling out in the Gulf before reaching land sounds good to me!
Here's to the fizzle!
Amen.

Attachments

• 025445_5day_cone_with_line.png
    025445_5day_cone_with_line.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 14

Not good! We are definitely inside the cone now. And the NHC says in their discussion that most of the models say it will become a hurricane by the time it gets here, but for some reason they decided to ignore them and predict a tropical storm instead of a hurricane. Guess time will tell.

This is the 8th named storm for which New Orleans was within the cone, this year. This hurricane season has been completely freakin' insane, totally befitting a crazy, wild year like 2020 has been so far.

We have been prepared for a hurricane to descend upon us imminently, since May. I just got another $250 shipment of nonperishable foods from Amazon yesterday, to replace the hurricane foods that I consumed so far this season. Usually I wait until around May, but I had a hunch that we weren't done with 2020 hurricanes yet.

Oh well. Last time, for Category 2+ Hurricane Zeta a couple of weeks ago, they got the power restored and traffic lights fixed within a week or two here in New Orleans. My power and internet were only out for part of one day and then briefly on another day. Yes the power linemen are our heroes, for sure.

Well, blink and it changes again! A little more easterly now. Honestly, until this storm starts heading north again, who knows?

Back
Top Bottom