NFL: 2019 Season

Glad I’m not having to make the decision about a trade with Jacksonville for Jalen Ramsey. Great opportunity for the Chiefs to improve their secondary but between the 2 first round picks the Jags want and the immediate impact on salary cap plus the significant player contracts coming up over the next couple years it’s a tough call. I’d say yes but am curious about other’s opinions.

How many of those 33 games resulted in wins?

I do expect the Bills to be improved this year.

In general, our defense is not the reason we lose, most of the time. Our offense the last 3 years resembled a JV team playing with a backup QB and cheer leaders playing OL.

Except when he refused to play for the team that drafted him. Some of us remember that pout on draft day.

Bobby Beatherd, Lord of no rings... Elway also did that...
Not wanting to play for an organization is not evidence of whether you are a team player.

Bobby Beatherd, Lord of no rings... Elway also did that...
Not wanting to play for an organization is not evidence of whether you are a team player.

A team player... but not that team?
Okay.

Patriots released Antonio Brown today. That was fast.

Good riddance. He could not keep quiet for 10 days and as I said when they acquired him, they don't need him. He's a bad person with a lot of baggage.

Last edited:
Patriots released Antonio Brown today. That was fast.

Sure was.

It would have been nice if he could have learned to keep quiet and concentrate on football.

As they always do with such acquisitions, they forget about the past and only judge what you do while you are part of the team. His texts while part of the team were his one strike - now he's out.

Oh well. The Pats will just have to enjoy the Super Bowl without him.

So will the NFL suspend him now? If not, which team steps up to the plate for his next chance at redemption?

DW and I are longtime Steeler fans.

After a rather uninspiring start (0-2) and a season ending injury for Ben Roethlisberger last weekend, I sought solace in subsequently watching the prowess of my second favorite team the Miami Dolphins. They too imploded last Sunday.

With this latest (and hopefully last time we will hear from Antonio Brown) unforgivable sin of former Steeler AB, I am done with Pittsburg for the remainder of the year.

Instead of watching the Steelers on Sundays, I will take the less painful route and cover myself with honey and lay down in the green green grass of our yard to have an ant picnic.

At least I have college football. Go Penn State!

DW and I are longtime Steeler fans.

After a rather uninspiring start (0-2) and a season ending injury for Ben Roethlisberger last weekend, I sought solace in subsequently watching the prowess of my second favorite team the Miami Dolphins. They too imploded last Sunday.

With this latest (and hopefully last time we will hear from Antonio Brown) unforgivable sin of former Steeler AB, I am done with Pittsburg for the remainder of the year.

Instead of watching the Steelers on Sundays, I will take the less painful route and cover myself with honey and lay down in the green green grass of our yard to have an ant picnic.

The weather must be fair in your locale.

What games are worth watching this weekend, other than your local teams?

I'm thinking Ravens-Chiefs might be the only one.

Agree. Unfortunately it's at the same time as the Patriots game so I'll have to watch the highlights later.

Last edited:
Agree. Unfortunately it's at the same time as the Patriots game so I'll have to watch the highlights later.

Same here.

It will likely be on NFL Networks later in the week. If it's any good I may watch some of it then.

My Lions once again failed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - couldn't even get the tie. Certainly not for lack of trying.

Same here.

It will likely be on NFL Networks later in the week. If it's any good I may watch some of it then.

So the Pats strolled over the Jets I heard. (yawn). The Chiefs was definitely a fun game from my perspective. If it’s on it’d sure beat reruns of Law & Order.

The Packers in week 8 should be another really good game.

Pittsburgh lost to San Francisco, not Kansas City.
Kansas City beat the Baltimore Ravens. You know the Ravens who have Lamar Jackson as QB, the guy some predicted to be the MVP this year.

Some interesting standings after this weekend.

Bills are 3 - 0
Packers are 3 - 0
49'rs 3 - 0
I didn't see any of these teams being 3 - 0.

Steelers 0 - 3
Broncos 0 - 3
I didnt see either of these teams losing every game.

The Browns found another way to lose...to the Rams.

As I said before, over hyped team with an inexperienced head coach. The guy was not even a coordinator before he got the head coaching job and it shows. They lead the league in penalties....

How's the Odell signing worked so far:confused: They paid him big bucks but have no offensive line to protect Mayfield to get him the ball.

Last edited:

I am watching Buffalo and whoever plays NE and KC. Enjoy this Buffalo defense, it will be close to 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs by time season is over.

Back
Top Bottom