NFL: 2019 Season

I don't know what got in to the Texans yesterday, but they looked like another team....:LOL:
Well maybe in the second half but they didn't look so good in the first half IMO. And they should have dominated both halves against the Falcons.

There definitely were some borderline, if not totally wrong calls. I do think there is something to league prejudice against the Cowboys and probably some other teams too, but the boys don't help themselves much either.

The Cowboys had some calls go there way, too. But if Garret was mouthing off a bit, I certainly wouldn't want to do him any favors.

But across the league, I will say the new way of handling PI seems to just be causing a lot of problems. And it isn't consistent at the same game lit alone across the league. Having so many other calls reviewed is just about making it unbearable to watch. Momentum is quickly squashed.

cd :O)

:horse:

Whoa there, cowboys...

I don't know what got in to the Texans yesterday, but they looked like another team....:LOL:

Well they played a team that lacked a defense and scored and scored. LOL

If you find the Falcons Defense please report it or at least show them where the next game will be.

Disappointing to see the Lions lose to the Packers on the last play of the game. This time arguably it was aided by the officials.

This season will go down as the most frustrating due to bad officiating, particularly the "challengable" pass interference call, which should actually be called the "lose a timeout" challenge. What they're doing with PI challenges this season is criminal.

The amount of flags being thrown is just out of control. It has to be addressed.

The amount of flags being thrown is just out of control. It has to be addressed.

It definitely needs addressed. Too many flags, and too many missed calls. I can't remember a worse officiating season, and we're not even halfway through. Maybe they need outside officials reviewing calls? They've basically decided to rule in favor of themselves for the vast majority of officiating challenges. This is a clear cut case of conflict of interest.

.... They've basically decided to rule in favor of themselves for the vast majority of officiating challenges. This is a clear cut case of conflict of interest.

Interesting idea... when you appeal you don't go before the same judge.

Disappointing to see the Lions lose to the Packers on the last play of the game. This time arguably it was aided by the officials.

Having been on the other side (Fail Mary), things even out over time I guess.

It's inarguable that the officials got the "hands to the face" call wrong twice.

I don't understand why the NFL doesn't have an eye in the sky video official watching every play and trying to prevent the on-field officials from looking stupid.

The self inflicted too many men on the packers field goal attempt cost them 4 points in the first half.

Last edited:
seen a great tweet from Daryl Ruiter a sports journalist . " The NFL better get a hold of the officiating problems quickly . There is lots of money at stake " We watch the Browns and it seems we get jilted every weekend . Last weekend we lost a touchdown at the goal line . A day later they showed on the goal line camera that they didn't have Sunday a TD. Next play after that we fumbled. We got called for an unprotected block on a cornerback . Once again the NFL apologized we lost a first down and it was a 4th down, so we lost the Ball. Also Cowboys 6 penalties on the last drive . Phantom penalties on the Lions who knows how many more .

It's inarguable that the officials got the "hands to the face" call wrong twice.

I don't understand why the NFL doesn't have an eye in the sky video official watching every play and trying to prevent the on-field officials from looking stupid.
The last one was a bad call that cost the Lions the game. That's unfortunate to say the least. And while the audience couldn't see to second guess long ago, today with cameras and slow mo/stop action from every angle, the refs are at a disadvantage if they can't see what we're seeing. I suspect something will change...

Interesting idea... when you appeal you don't go before the same judge.

I know it's not the same judge, but they all come from the same group, and they're unlikely to say one of their brethren was wrong. It's like asking a cop to investigate another cop or ticket another cop. We all know that's not exactly unbiased.

The last one was a bad call that cost the Lions the game.

I disagree.

The Packers were driving for the winning score anyway. The bad call let them milk the clock down before the field goal. But they were going to win either way.

That call didn't cost the Lions the game.

The Packers were driving for the winning score anyway. The bad call let them milk the clock down before the field goal. But they were going to win either way.

How can you say that:confused:?

By milking the clock the Lions did not have the ball for the last 1:39 with only a field goal needed to win the game.

Last edited:
I disagree.

That call didn't cost the Lions the game.
It was third and long, and an incomplete pass - and it gave the Packers a crucial first down. Without the bad call the Packers would have been forced to take the field goal, and leave the Lions with about 90 seconds to score after the kickoff. I am not a Packers or Lions fan, but that call was total BS. And bad calls shouldn’t factor in to that extent.

Last edited:
Just saw the replays of hand to the face penalty calls on the Lions.

On the first penalty, shouldn't defensive holding been called instead? As obviously, the rusher was grabbing onto the shoulder pad and moving the blocker

The second penalty was totally blown and was not even near a hands to the face or hold but just good rushing technique.

My conclusions watching too many games this year.

- Bad calls or lack thereof are more prevalent than years past.

- Last night Lions got hosed by refs

2 hands to the face calls (same player-Flowers). These calls really hurt the Lions.

Late in 4th quarter, GB defensive back clearly hacked receiver's arms before ball got there on a long pass.

Announcer was correct in saying that Lions only get field goals would bite them in the a^^ later.

As a hockey fan, I want to thank the NFL for having worse officiating than the NHL.

On the first penalty, shouldn't defensive holding been called instead? As obviously, the rusher was grabbing onto the shoulder pad and moving the blocker
The shoulder pad belonged to an offensive lineman. It wasn't hands to the face, and it wasn't holding.

The second penalty was totally blown and was not even near a hands to the face or hold but just good rushing technique.
The exact same technique as the first "penalty". The exact same referee. The exact same mistake.

The shoulder pad belonged to an offensive lineman. It wasn't hands to the face, and it wasn't holding.

The exact same technique as the first "penalty". The exact same referee. The exact same mistake.

It's okay for the defender to grab and yank at the offensive lineman's shoulder pad? Not being sarcastic. Just a real question.

It's okay for the defender to grab and yank at the offensive lineman's shoulder pad? Not being sarcastic. Just a real question.

Yes. Notice that Flowers grabbed the shoulder pads and pushed. He didn't yank.
He's been doing that for years.

Back
Top Bottom