NFL: 2019 Season

NY Jets are looking as pathetic as their 1-4 record tonight. I like Sam Darnold, but he is looking like a rookie tonight.... admittedly under a lot of pressure though.

Not sure whether we discussed this here or in the Cut the Cord thread but an interesting thing happened.

When we got down south for the season for some unknown reason our cable tv was not working but our internet was working.... so I downloaded Fitzy TV onto my Fire TV as a temporary alternative until I could get to Xfinity and get the cable TV issues sorted.

We have been using Fitzy TV when we were up north for the summer to access some channels that we don't get on Dish because we subscribe to their skinny programming Welcome Pack.

Anyhow, when I use Fitzy TV here in Sarasota, the locals (CBS, et al) are the locals from up north... notably, the CBS affiliate is WBZ-Boston.... so I'm thinking that if this holds that I can use Fitzy TV to watch Sunday afternoon New England Patriot games.

I had expected that if we used Fitzy TV down here that we would get the local Tampa CBS affiliate like as what happens with CBS All-Access.... but it worked out differently.

I was planning to see if I could fool CBS All-Access to think that I was in New England with a New England based server using VPN but it looks like I won't need to.

I can get the Patriots via Dish Anywhere using my Vermont Dish credentials, but that's $50/month just to watch Sunday afternoon Patriot games.... Fitzy TV is free!

YMMV

And just like that, the 49ers are the only unbeaten team in the NFL. May only last 10 days, but I’m going to enjoy it!

And just like that, the 49ers are the only unbeaten team in the NFL. May only last 10 days, but I’m going to enjoy it!
Yep, the Pats were flat last night and got off to a really bad start. Sanu and Edelman (despite rare fumble) played well, but the others were streaky including Brady and the whole defense. And like Belichick said, Lamar Jackson is “a problem” - he’s quite a player. But the undefeated pressure is off, and the Pats seems to bounce back strong when they’re disappointed. I don’t think they have a SB winning team this year, but I’m on record saying they didn’t last year either. The more people talk them down, the tougher they are, so I hope the talking heads start saying Brady is too old again...

so I'm thinking that if this holds that I can use Fitzy TV to watch Sunday afternoon New England Patriot games.

I was planning to see if I could fool CBS All-Access to think that I was in New England with a New England based server using VPN but it looks like I won't need to.

I can get the Patriots via Dish Anywhere using my Vermont Dish credentials,

YMMV
Hope you got to see it. :LOL::LOL::LOL: I never expected the Ravens would be the first to stop them this year.:dance:

What happened to the Packers yesterday?
I couldn't turn the channel. Loved it... They were terrible during the 1st quarter. Okay in the 2nd and 3rd and fell apart again in the 4th. I'm not sure what their problem was but they'll probably figure it out pretty quick.

Last edited:
Patriots won SB last year and have an easy schedule. Of course their division has the 2 worst football teams in NFL and Bills are pretenders. Well, last night I guess they played a real football team.:popcorn:

Patriots won SB last year and have an easy schedule. Of course their division has the 2 worst football teams in NFL and Bills are pretenders. Well, last night I guess they played a real football team.:popcorn:

They do have an easier division that they dominate but they've been in the last three SBs winning two of them. During that run they beat the best teams in the AFC and two of the best teams in the NFC.

Go Pats.

They do have an easier division that they dominate but they've been in the last three SBs winning two of them. During that run they beat the best teams in the AFC and two of the best teams in the NFC.

Go Pats.
I’m always amused when people suggest a team has an easy schedule, as if that somehow helps them in the 2-3 playoff games and the SB if they get there. Haters gonna hate...Pats fans got over that a long time ago.

I’m always amused when people suggest a team has an easy schedule, as if that somehow helps them in the 2-3 playoff games and the SB if they get there. Haters gonna hate...Pats fans got over that a long time ago.

+1 Of course, if ripper1 is a Bears fan his bad mood is understandable.

Have to admit I'm jealous. But they have the best management in all of sports. They will probably continue to dominate after Brady.

Just wondering where Bears would be if they had picked Mahomes in draft. Can't in the world see what Pace and others saw in this Trubisky kid who only had a handful of starts in college.:mad:

Have to admit I'm jealous. But they have the best management in all of sports. They will probably continue to dominate after Brady.
I feel for you, we just moved from Chicago, many of my friends were long suffering Bears fans. It was sad how so many still talk often about the 1985 Bears, they haven’t had anything else to talk about for 34 years!

Last edited:
I feel for you, we just moved from Chicago, many of my friends were long suffering Bears fans. It was sad how so many still talk often about the 1985 Bears, they haven’t had anything else to talk about for 34 years!

Imagine for a moment being a long time Browns fan, i'm tired of saying "maybe next year" !

Imagine for a moment being a long time Browns fan, i'm tired of saying "maybe next year" !

Hey, listen.... a lot of us Patriots fans understand and sympathize... they sucked big-time from 1960 to 2000.

On top of that, many of us are also Boston Red Sox fans so we knew "maybe next year" from 1918 to 2004 during the curse of the bambino.

Hey, listen.... a lot of us Patriots fans understand and sympathize... they sucked big-time from 1960 to 2000.

On top of that, many of us are also Boston Red Sox fans so we knew "maybe next year" from 1918 to 2004 during the curse of the bambino.
Imagine if you were a lifelong Bears and Cubs fan, lots of generations of “maybe next years” for the latter until recently.

Yeah but 20 years of excellence and probably another SB this year. That is an incredible run in this day and age. Unmatched by anybody except maybe the Bronx Bombers from back in the day.

Yeah but 20 years of excellence and probably another SB this year. That is an incredible run in this day and age. Unmatched by anybody except maybe the Bronx Bombers from back in the day.
Just looked it up....Yankees won 10 WS from 1923 to 1943. If Patriots win this year that would be 7 SB wins from 2000 to 2020.

I was encouraged by the Chiefs defense. They finally stopped the run. The offense is still clicking if not fully engaged. If they had come up short of the Vikings the rest of the season would have a much different feel.

+1.

I also suffered through the dismal years when the Pats were the laughing stock of the NFL. I have to say the turnaround started in 1993 when Bill Parcells coached them to a couple of winning seasons and a SB appearance in 1996 when they lost to the Packers. Their dominance really started when Belichick took over in 2000.

Last edited:
Just got an email from AT&T (DirecTv) saying they are "giving me" :cool: NFL Sunday Ticket for free for the rest the year. No cost, no auto renewal, no catch, that I can see... :confused: I guess they hope I'll like it so much that I'll buy it next year.

Guess I'll be watching the Cowboys, Texans, Saints, Packers and Patriots every week now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom