NFL: 2019 Season

My bold above. That interception with around 9 seconds to go was not the deciding factor in the Pats loss.
Right, the announcers even pointed out it might give them a better chance to score on a kick off or a play from the 30 after the kickoff rather than from how deep they were buried. It would've been for a tie not a win, but still, it wasn't a killer. Had the defender stopped short of the goal line it would've been.

SKOL VIKES! Cousins to Rudy...at the SuperDome on the Road, against a Hall of Famer with a fourth rounder and sixth seed, with some mistakes...like an interception the 2nd play of the game. I was sort of happy we got it over with right away honestly.

Onto San Fran! Blew DAT! You Like That?

Last edited:
...I think Brady would make a good and potentially great OC and quarterbacks coach because

Or perhaps this is just the musing of an old New England Partriots fan dreaming....

I think he needs to take Aikman's analyst job...I've had enough :D

+1.

In my opinion, the Pats lost mainly because they couldn't punch it in from the 1 yard line on 3 downs.

+1 that was a killer. You would have thought after the first two fails that they would have spread things out a bit for the third or fourth tries... perhaps a play action or something. :facepalm:

Very entertaining games.

While it was a close call, one could claim that NO got screwed again on that non-call that ended the game.. it looked to me that the receiver achieved the separation that he needed by pusing the defender away.

It was fun to see 40-yo journeyman QB Josh McCown get some time in the sun and I thought that he played very well.

I think he needs to take Aikman's analyst job...I've had enough :D

That could be. I have to admit.... I wasn't a big Tony Romo fan when he was Dallas QB but I enjoy him in the booth... him and Cris Collinsworth.

Interesting possibility, I was wondering the same thing. However, Peyton was/is a “thinking player” who I thought might be interested in OC>coach, but everyone tells me that’ll never happen. Brady might be the same.

Lots of former players in professional sports become coaches when their playing careers are over. But very few of the great players become coaches. I'd be surprised if Tom Brady moves into coaching.

Lots of former players in professional sports become coaches when their playing careers are over. But very few of the great players become coaches. I'd be surprised if Tom Brady moves into coaching.
Agree. More used to, when money was smaller. More recently, the only great player I can think of who went into coaching was Mike Singletary.

And even fewer of the great players become good coaches. Beyond Mike Ditka and perhaps Raymond Berry, few NFL hall of fame players found good success as an NFL coach.

It is much more lucrative for Brady or Manning to go into broadcasting. Imagine the bidding war over them among the networks.

Meanwhile, back at the playoffs... the Eagles fate was sealed when Wentz went out with a head injury. They did keep it close but playoff Josh McCown is no playoff Nick Foles.

And even fewer of the great players become good coaches. Beyond Mike Ditka and perhaps Raymond Berry, few NFL hall of fame players found good success as an NFL coach.

It is much more lucrative for Brady or Manning to go into broadcasting. Imagine the bidding war over them among the networks.

Meanwhile, back at the playoffs... the Eagles fate was sealed when Wentz went out with a head injury. They did keep it close but playoff Josh McCown is no playoff Nick Foles.

Yeah, after I posted that I did a little research and former QBs generally have very mediocre records as head coaches.... including some hall of fame QBs (but none recently).

QUARTERBACK, PLAYED FOR*COACHEDW-L-TPCT
Sammy Baugh, Redskins1960-61 N.Y Titans, ’64 Oilers18-24-0.429
Bob Waterfield, Rams1960-62 Rams9-24-1.279
Norm Van Brocklin, Rams1961-66 Vikings, ’68-74 Falcons66-100-7.402
Otto Graham, Browns1966-68 Redskins17-22-3.440
Bart Starr, Packers1975-83 Packers52-76-3.408

and other QBs... looks like Jim Harbaugh is the most successful NFL QB turned head coach.
QUARTERBACK, PLAYED FOR*COACHEDW-L-TPCT
Jim Harbaugh, Bears2011-14 49ers40-15-1.723
John Rauch, N.Y. Bulldogs1966-68 Raiders, ’69-70 Bills40-28-2.586
Frankie Albert, 49ers1956-58 49ers19-16-1.542
Jason Garrett, Cowboys2010-14 Cowboys35-30-0.538
Tom Flores, Raiders1979-87 Raiders, ’92-94 Seahawks97-87-0.527
Allie Sherman, Eagles1961-68 Giants57-51-4.527
Ted Marchibroda, Steelers1975-79/’92-95 Colts,’96-98 Ravens87-98-1.470
Gary Kubiak, Broncos2006-13 Texans61-64-0.488
Sam Wyche, Bengals1984-91 Bengals, ’92-95 Bucs84-107-0.440
Harry Gilmer, Redskins1965-66 Lions10-16-2.393
June Jones, Falcons1994-96 Falcons, ’98 Chargers22-36-0.379
Steve Spurrier, 49ers2002-03 Redskins12-20-0.375
Jim Zorn, Seahawks2008-09 Redskins12-20-0.375
Kay Stephenson, Bills1983-85 Bills10-26-0.278
Frank Filchock, Redskins1960-61 Broncos7-20-1.268

Former NFL quarterbacks as head coaches | PRO FOOTBALL DALY

True, McCown is no playoff Nick Foles. But I actually think him in the game was an upgrade over Wentz. Still scratching my head as to why the Eagles had no interest in keeping Foles.

Yeah, that was a pretty bad hit to me. Basically he got speared in the back of the head. I hope he is not hurt too bad. Probably a nice fine coming for Clowney but that doesn’t help the Eagles.

I think Brady should just admit he's over the hill. Give it up and slink back to his super model wife and half a billion dollar net worth. Loser!

Edit: I realize there are sarcasm impaired [-]Patriot fans[/-] posters on this site, so I thought I should clarify. That was humor. As much as I don't like him or the Pats, he is the GOAT (so far), and his life, to all appearances, is pretty damn perfect. I don't think this loss, or this interception, will make the slightest difference in his legacy or memory.

Last edited:
I think Brady should just admit he's over the hill. Give it up and slink back to his super model wife and half a billion dollar net worth. Loser!

Edit: I realize there are sarcasm impaired [-]Patriot fans[/-] posters on this site, so I thought I should clarify. That was humor. As much as I don't like him or the Pats, he is the GOAT (so far), and his life, to all appearances, is pretty damn perfect. I don't think this loss, or this interception, will make the slightest difference in his legacy or memory.
Pretty good post....... Until the edit.

Seahawks last minute performance was impressive. A hold in the red zone and than a 50 yard pass to wrap it up.

What a weekend of football... I watched and bet on all four games. Missed picking the winners 3 out of 4 :facepalm:... Fortunately I've been better at picking stocks. :)

It's petty clear to me that the 2019 Patriots just are not the team they have been in the past several years. But that was becoming clearer as the season was coming to a close. Still I bet on them to win. :facepalm: (I keep forgetting that "past returns are no guarantee of future results".) I bet on the Saints too... I still think they are the better team. Bet on the Bills too... I really didn't know much about the Bills, but after all, they were playing the Texans.

I'll try to recover this coming weekend. :confused:

Last edited:
How about that punch by Hunter on Brees throwing bicep to cause his finger muscles to contract. Surgical. No love for the 6th seed Vikes and Cousins 96% passer rating i6th rated QB n the playoffs. Gonna be a tough road. Onto San Francisco.

How about that punch by Hunter on Brees throwing bicep to cause his finger muscles to contract. Surgical. No love for the 6th seed Vikes and Cousins 96% passer rating i6th rated QB n the playoffs. Gonna be a tough road. Onto San Francisco.

Brees messed up the game for the Saints with two costly turnovers. The fumble and just tossing the ball before halftime that led to a touchdown by the Vikings.

The big irony of the game is the game ended on a "no call" for pass interference by the refs who totally dodged even looking at the replay though some announcers said that should have been interference. Refs weren't reversing any of those pass interference - lite plays all year anyhow so no way should they reverse that "no call". But the irony is the rule was put in place after the Saint's got robbed by a no call last year :facepalm:.

The big irony of the game is the game ended on a "no call" for pass interference by the refs who totally dodged even looking at the replay though some announcers said that should have been interference. Refs weren't reversing any of those pass interference - lite plays all year anyhow so no way should they reverse that "no call". But the irony is the rule was put in place after the Saint's got robbed by a no call last year :facepalm:.
+1 Raised big questions in our house. Win some lose some.

Yeah, that was a tough call... the receive did extend his hand and created the separation needed to make the catch... but it was pretty subtle... enough for an overrule of the ruling on the field?... I dunno.

That could be. I have to admit.... I wasn't a big Tony Romo fan when he was Dallas QB but I enjoy him in the booth... him and Cris Collinsworth.
Personally I like Romo as a QB, Corona salesman and booth commentator. Cannot stand Collinsowth, Michaels or Buck in the booth. All three are very annoying.

Personally I like Romo as a QB, Corona salesman and booth commentator. Cannot stand Collinsowth, Michaels or Buck in the booth. All three are very annoying.
Personal taste is a unique thing. I can’t stand Buck or Romo as commentators, no problem with any of the other regulars. No right or wrong. Fox used Buck for a US Open (2017?), WAY more incompetent and annoying there - tried to turn golf into reality TV and limited knowledge of golf.

Last edited:
Personal taste is a unique thing. I can’t stand Buck or Romo as commentators, no problem with any of the other regulars. No right or wrong. Fox used Buck for a US Open (2017?), WAY more incompetent and annoying there - tried to turn golf into reality TV and limited knowledge of golf.
It Joe Buck is announcing anything I turn off the volume and listen to the voices in my head.

I can’t stand Buck or Romo as commentators, no problem with any of the other regulars. No right or wrong. Fox used Buck for a US Open (2017?), WAY more incompetent and annoying there - tried to turn golf into reality TV and limited knowledge of golf.
It would be great from my POV if Buck spent all his air time on Golf... That way I'd be sure to never hear him say another word... There's a much greater chance of me watching a TV test pattern for hours on end than me watching more than 2 seconds of any Golf broadcast.

I quit listening to the commentators when John Madden retired. Picture on, sound off, music in the background. I'll turn it up if something controversial happens.

Back
Top Bottom