NFL: 2020 Season

+1. TB win was a nice surprise. No QB has ever led both AFC and NFC teams to SB wins.... there is something for the GOAT to strive for.

I've always liked the way Todd Bowles coaches. He won the game for Tampa Bay today IMO. His success before and after coaching the Jets makes me wonder about the Jets organization.

Last edited:
Someone had to win and we were pulling for Brady, but it was sad to watch Brees go out like that with two late picks. The talking heads all say this is his last year, and he looked like he was saying goodbye on the way out of the stadium, waving to fans and one last look when he entered the tunnel. A great career regardless.

So now we have 4 teams left, with the following season QB ratings 1-Rodgers, 2-Mahomes, 3-Allen and 7-Brady. No wonder QBs usually win MVP. I still think the Packers and Chiefs will advance, but beating Allen is no cake walk, Bills fans may get their wish.

Last edited:
It was great watching Brady take them down... I had my doubts before the game and by halftime I was still plenty worried... I was never a Brady fan until this season (didn't like New England) but I always acknowledged he was a top tier QB. What he did with TB this year proves a lot "to me"... YMMV

I didn't really feel sorry for Brees (another story) but I was a little embarrassed for Gronk. He couldn't catch &$%# yesterday. I understand he's coming back next year and at only 31 he can probably play well (hopefully better) at the TE position for a couple more years. TB better "make hay while the sun is shinning" since Brady probably only has another year or two at this level and I suspect (hope) he'll retire when he starts falling off too much.

Last edited:
Terrible missed call in the KC-Browns game at the goal line with the helmet on helmet hit causing a fumble and touch back. Browns fans not going to soon forget. Likely takes a touchdown off the board for Browns.

They need to change that rule. Why should you lose the ball? The fumbling team should get it back where they fumbled. I believe this goes back to the Kenny Stabler rule?
And why do they teach guys to reach out like that? If it's the last play of the game, sure. At worst if he just goes down the Browns have a first down with the ball at the half yard line.

It was a great football weekend just to pause and be "in the moment" and realize you were watching three of the best quarterbacks (Rogers, Brady, Brees) to ever play the game. I wonder if people who watched Jim Brown, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio and others play, also reflected at the time that they were watching all-time greatness?

I think Mahomes could be the best QB at the moment, although I still think Rogers holds the edge with his accuracy, experience and control of the game. Will be great championship weekend!

One of the analyst guys made a good point. The Chiefs better make hay while they can, they have it relatively easy right now with Mahomes still on his rookie contract. When he signs a new deal at $50mil or more a year that will play havoc with their salary cap and they'll have to make choices on who they can keep.

Buried down in this article about Mahomes’ contract it says it works out to 18.75% of cap. From discussions at the time they all understood the need to manage the overall payroll. Bet they won’t be running the option as much for the rest of this year though.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...s-guaranteed-money/1gpmlnyxtkbqi1g4z5aqr21kpp
That’s some contract! But if he keeps it up and doesn’t get seriously hurt (I hope not) I have to think he’s going to one of the greats.

Buried down in this article about Mahomes’ contract it says it works out to 18.75% of cap. From discussions at the time they all understood the need to manage the overall payroll. Bet they won’t be running the option as much for the rest of this year though.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...s-guaranteed-money/1gpmlnyxtkbqi1g4z5aqr21kpp

Very intelligent contract for both parties! Don't see that too often.

Didn't Mahomes also buy-in as part owner of the KC Royals after signing this contract extension?

I'm waiting for the decision on Mahomes for Sundays game before making my final prediction for KC and Bills game... If Mahomes plays (and if he is really ready to play) I'll take KC... If not I'll take the Bills.

Still thinking about GB and TB too... Both Brady and Rodgers are cold weather QB's. (Snow and mid 20's in the forecast for Sunday's game) I really want TB to win, however IMO, playing at Lambeau gives GB a significant advantage.

Still thinking about GB and TB too... Both Brady and Rodgers are cold weather QB's. (Snow and mid 20's in the forecast for Sunday's game) I really want TB to win, however IMO, playing at Lambeau gives GB a significant advantage.

If one believes in premonitions... the last time the NFC Championship game was played at Lambeau, the visiting team was also a #5 seed who had won 2 games on the road... and then beat the Packers in frigid weather. :)

If one believes in premonitions... the last time the NFC Championship game was played at Lambeau, the visiting team was also a #5 seed who had won 2 games on the road... and then beat the Packers in frigid weather. :)
Just like the stock market, past performance is no guarantee of future results.:LOL: At least that's the way I see it...

For each of these playoff games, I'll consider things like the weather, a teams "recent" performance, injury list, home or away game and things like that. My biggest problem is that I'll sometime let my "personal preference" get in the way, to a degree.

Last edited:
I've always liked the Packers second or third best. Since the Colts don't exist anymore except for as some pretenders in Indianapolis, and GB just beat my other favorite, I'd like to see them win. But I think I'd like to see Buffalo win even more. I've always felt sorry for them from the Jim Kelly years, so maybe breaking that curse would be a good thing. As long as it's one of those two teams, I'll be happy.

.... But I think I'd like to see Buffalo win even more. I've always felt sorry for them from the Jim Kelly years, so maybe breaking that curse would be a good thing. As long as it's one of those two teams, I'll be happy.

Good point... I remember those years where they had a good team and went to the SB numerous times and came up empty... one time by a near miss on a game winning field goal.... so I'll root for them in the AFC.

In the NFC definitely for TB, so I guess I have the underdogs this weekend.

Well it looks like Mahomes is going to play Sunday.... I'm not sure if he's ready or if it's just to big a game to have him sit it out....(money) I suspect the KC offensive line will be giving him added protection. Assuming he's somewhat near 100% and doesn't get hurt again, I think KC will beat the Bills...

GB will probably beat TB. Aaron Rodgers is plenty smart (he proved that last year when he dumped Danica :)) and he and his boys will be playing at home... It looks like the weather may not be such a factor as it "could have been". Snow should be over before game time and temps around 30... Not so bad... However, if TB is really up for the game and gets a few breaks (like last week) they could pull it off. I won't be upset no matter who wins, although deep down I'll be rooting for the Brady bunch.

Last edited:
I think TB has a very legit chance to win.... they have been playing well and are peaking at the right time with added incentive that if they can find a way to win that they get 2 weeks off at home and their next game is a home game.

The only thing that causes me pause is that AB is out on injury and he has been a factor in the receiving corps recently, but they have plenty of other weapons in their arsenal.

I think TB has a very legit chance to win....they have been playing well and are peaking at the right time with added incentive that if they can find a way to win that they get 2 weeks off at home and their next game is a home game.
All true and I hope it's enough...

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya, that Mahomey is going to play after concussion protocol. ;)

The way the Bills D has been playing, the KC offensive line better be carrying baseball bats.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya, that Mahomey is going to play after concussion protocol. ;)
Watching the slo mo replay several times, I don’t think he had a concussion in the first place, he never hit his head on a helmet or the ground that I could see. However his head bends forward alarmingly. He either got choked or some sort of spinal shock, which turned into loopy behavior like a concussion. Not an original thought, several professional talking heads made the same observation. I’m sure neither KC nor Mahomes would actually risk his health (yes, I note your sarcasm), especially with a 10 year contract.

Yeah, no need to postpone the game until he's ready to play :cool:.

I did read that his issue was more a nerve/neck thing than getting hit on the head. Though sure did look like his eyes were spinning.

Glad he's good to go. I'm calling that game, Bills vs Chiefs a toss up.

Back
Top Bottom