NFL 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eagles win again, but it wasn’t pretty.

They have had 2 ugly wins against the Commanders this year. I did not think Washington would have been so tough for them.

I did enjoy the "tush push deception" for their last touchdown. That caught the Commanders completely off guard.

the Seahawks backed their way into a 4th quarter win over the Browns. They had an early lead and then went scoreless until a ~2:00 to go interception and TD for the win.
Never has a first place team looked so out of place, IMO.

Packers are a bad team right now. Offense, defense, special teams are all a mess.

Packers are a bad team right now. Offense, defense, special teams are all a mess.

I think the Packers would be better off with Rodgers even with Rodgers current injury. I mean seriously, who does a QB sneak with double digit yards to go on 3rd or 4th down? He did it twice that I noticed and failed both times. He may be young and fairly athletic but he doesn't seem to have much of a football brain.

They have had 2 ugly wins against the Commanders this year. I did not think Washington would have been so tough for them.

I did enjoy the "tush push deception" for their last touchdown. That caught the Commanders completely off guard.
I think Riverboat Ron is a good coach. That team has a bad hangover from the ownership debacle.

Division games are always tough, even when we think they should not be.

Code:
I think the Packers would be better off with Rodgers even with Rodgers current injury. I mean seriously, who does a QB sneak with double digit yards to go on 3rd or 4th down? He did it twice that I noticed and failed both times. He may be young and fairly athletic but he doesn't seem to have much of a football brain.

The Bears and Packers are in a race to see which team might get the 1st overall draft pick. Probably could put the Vikings in the mix too as Cousins is done for the year.

In the backdrop, I saw a video of Rodgers already moving around with is repaired achilles making practice throws.

I Jordan Love's defense, I think that overall he makes the proper reads but the ball doesn't always get to the receivers correctly.

I watched the DET-LV game last night. Detroit wasn't great, but with Cousins' injury, I think they have the division wrapped up.

The Bears and Packers are in a race to see which team might get the 1st overall draft pick. Probably could put the Vikings in the mix too as Cousins is done for the year.

In the backdrop, I saw a video of Rodgers already moving around with is repaired achilles making practice throws.

I Jordan Love's defense, I think that overall he makes the proper reads but the ball doesn't always get to the receivers correctly.

The jury is still out on Love. The other thing is that the Packers have very inexperienced receivers and tight ends (all of them). Route running correctly and finishing routes in the right location, fighting for the 50/50 ball, screening off defenders. When these things don't happen, it can make a quarterback look worse than he is. Bad play at left tackle can do the same thing.

I watched the DET-LV game last night. Detroit wasn't great, but with Cousins' injury, I think they have the division wrapped up.

You say "Detroit wasn't great", but they completely dominated the game - they just couldn't get out of their own way to score.

I think today we will see what the Cowboys are really made of when they play the Eagles (at home in Philly). If they can beat Philly at home, and play well doing it, then maybe they are the real deal this year.

Fumble, recovery, lateral, and a touchdown. That’ll be on some highlight reels.

^^^^^
Ich vermute, Sie haben Recht, wirklich gutes Spiel in Frankfurt

Hey the game was played in Germany so why not comment in German. :)

Last edited:
If anyone missed the Texans game, they missed quite a show! - C.J. Stroud, 470 yards, 5 TD passes and they lost their kicker in the third period. Stroud pulled it out with 10 seconds left on the clock. Texans won, 39 - 37.

Oh. C.J. set the rookie record for completed passing in a game.

I watched it (unusual for me to watch a Texan game these days) but it was a nail biter. Actually they looked really good.

Last edited:
MN did very well with all the adversity they had to overcome this past week and with today's injuries.

Last edited:
If anyone missed the Texans game, they missed quite a show! - C.J. Stroud, 470 yards, 5 TD passes and they lost their kicker in the third period. Stroud pulled it out with 10 seconds left on the clock. Texans won, 39 - 37.

Oh. C.J. set the rookie record for completed passing in a game.

As a Bucs fan THAT was brutal. CJ Stroud has been looking impressive.

Close game between Eagles and Cowboys, but Eagles prevailed. Hopefully the Eagles will prevail when they play in Dallas.

Both teams played very well IMO... Games just don't get much closer than that. Even though Dallas had "two" late TD calls overturned and would have scored again had they had ~10 more seconds... But that's football.

I think today we will see what the Cowboys are really made of when they play the Eagles (at home in Philly). If they can beat Philly at home, and play well doing it, then maybe they are the real deal this year.
Interesting game. Can't say I understood all that I was seeing. Lol
:popcorn:

Go Birds!
:D

What the heck has happened to the Giants?

Everything :sick:. Mediocre (and possibly done for the season) QB who could do better if there was (a) an offensive line and (b) receivers other teams feared. One offensive threat that teams can easily key on. Bad personnel picking, particularly free agents who either lose their ability to play or come down with frequent injuries after signing. And a third string quarterback that is likely on the team for salary cap reasons but is likely the starter for the rest of the year.

Injuries are a factor, but you have to plan for that with decent roster depth, which they have not done.

Other than that...

Interesting game. Can't say I understood all that I was seeing. Lol
I think because Fairbairn (Place Kicker) was out with an injury, they did some strange(er) things to compensate.

Received this meme this morning:

Attachments

• IMG_7304.jpeg
    IMG_7304.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom