No bonds 100% stocks???

I'm 100% stocks. I'm 56 and 5 years retired.

Same here. I'm actually 55 and retired ~5.5 years ago.

I'm still up ~45% including withdrawals in a time where we had a nasty correction ( 12/18) a market crash ( 3/20) and whatever you want to call this recent nastiness ( technically still a correction). ETF's in S and P, small cap, large cap , and a small % ( thankfully) in international.

Stocks have historically returned ~10% over time, but what people don't realize is that number INCLUDES bear markets. The volatility is the emotional price we pay for outstanding long term returns.

Stocks have historically returned ~10% over time, but what people don't realize is that number INCLUDES bear markets. The volatility is the emotional price we pay for outstanding long term returns.

Well said! Since the 1920’s, there’s never been a 12+ year period where an all equities stock market didn’t return a positive

Sticking with 60/40 AA. It makes me sleep better :D

That's like mine. I too try to maintain a 60/40 AA. I think I already got more money than I'll spend so my goal isn't to make more but rather it's to hold on what already I got.

I always enjoy Scott Grannis' writing, he is very level headed and numbers based. He sees the fuel to the inflation fire being cut off, so while he believes it has a year or two to burn (he shows M2 should increase at 6.5%/year, it skyrocketed by 26%/yr during the pandemic, now the growth is back down, but it will take time to absorb the excess). If he is right, then bonds will start to level out and be the boring portfolio ballast that we always assume them to be.

Looks like I can't link to the specific article, his blog is at:
Calafia Beach Pundit

Back
Top Bottom