Non US resident - now needing Investment Company !

Cortina

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi ,
long time user of site - but I seldom post.

For the last 10 ++ years , I have used Morgan Stanley , as an "Institution" to buy / sell / hold : stocks / shares / cash for me. (Name changed a while back - merger?)
They have just "decided" that they no longer wish to service accounts for non - US residents !! . So I have 60 days to find myself a new "provider".

Any suggestions / ideas / recomendations / avoidances ?? .. it appears that few US companies still wish to do this.

I am happy to use either an internet based / or mix of person and internet based business. Value of a/c is $ hundreds of thousands , so not a decision I wish to get wrong.

Thanks in advance
Alan.

PS I am leaving home (IRL) for 30 days motorcycling in the US tomorrow , so could handle some appointments when there if necessary. (isn't early retirement wonderful )

Charles Schwab is popular among expats.

When I worked expat, I used Schwab. I had some company related stuff in Credit Suisse, since my megacorp was Swiss based, and my vested performance shares were put in there. I finally sold all of that last year because of FINRA and FATCA reporting requirements...and our stock was pretty cyclical, trading in a wide range between 50 and 80 CHF. I sold at about 82. Now all but my deferred income is in Schwab and I've been very happy with them.

I was with Morgan Stanley, then Merrill Lynch, but am now at Fidelity. I suggest you try them.

PS I am leaving home (IRL) for 30 days motorcycling in the US tomorrow , so could handle some appointments when there if necessary. (isn't early retirement wonderful )

Schwab should use you in an ad, zooming up to a Schwab office on your motorcycle to open an account in retirement. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom