Options to replacing Tivo

I just got this message in an email from HULU. I use a Tivo Roamio as my DVR which is about three models behind the current Tivo units. So, I am not surrised. Many newer streaming services don't even have an app for the Roamio.

It's a great DVR, apps are irrelevant (given cheap sticks, TV apps etc.) especially on Roamios which run them dog-slow.

I still rue the day when I have to switch to streaming for linear TV, the Tivo playback experience is far superior.

Last edited:
I hit the resale shops on "Senior" day and buy used DVDs. The most I pay is just over $2 and often less than $1.50. With my half-decent cable/DVR, and "infinite" supply of DVDs, I have all I ever need to watch. YMMV

I hit the resale shops on "Senior" day and buy used DVDs. The most I pay is just over $2 and often less than $1.50. With my half-decent cable/DVR, and "infinite" supply of DVDs, I have all I ever need to watch. YMMV

Buy DVD's? $2 EACH!!! That sounds like a BTD lifestyle. Are you trying to compete with Mr. R?

I get my DVD's free from the public library. :D

Buy DVD's? $2 EACH!!! That sounds like a BTD lifestyle. Are you trying to compete with Mr. R?

I get my DVD's free from the public library. :D

Yeah. Last time I brought home a grocery sack full of DVDs I think it cost me almost $90! (RobbieB, look out. I'm after your BTD crown!)

My selection of DVDs is (now) much better than any library's AND I don't ever have to return them. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom