Paying cash for your gas vs credit card...

I use my Costco citi visa too. I get argravated when i finish pumping and the pump ask if you want a reciept & after I push the yes button it pops up see cashier inside, because they are too lazy to refill the paper. Grr

Our Costco is the only place I've never had that happen - run out of receipt paper. They must start fresh every morning. Of course, there IS no place to go "inside" - just a "floater" guy who keeps folks pulling up instead of leaving 3 car lengths as we seem to do here in the Islands. I've never figured out if that's some sort of "Island politeness" or if folks feel so crowded that they just instinctively leave car lengths between cars at every stop. It's irritating, but I try not to whine too much as I'm just a haole from the Midwest. What do I know about local culture?:cool:

I use my Costco citi visa too. I get argravated when i finish pumping and the pump ask if you want a reciept & after I push the yes button it pops up see cashier inside, because they are too lazy to refill the paper. Grr

Yup, just another example of work laziness.

Yep, around here it seems about a 1/3 are out of paper, 1/3 are broken or jammed up, and 1/3 will give you a receipt and some of those are even legible.

Yep, around here it seems about a 1/3 are out of paper, 1/3 are broken or jammed up, and 1/3 will give you a receipt and some of those are even legible.

The only time I've even encountered that at OUR Costco Gas, there was a big sign on the pump that the receipt machine was in need of repair. Just one time in , what(?), 15 years? Pretty decent, I would say but YMMV.:cool:

We went to a restaurant in Orlando on Friday that took credit cards ONLY, no cash.
Oh, and of course you have a choice of 20%, 25%, 30% or other for the tip.

That is painful on many levels. Why go back?

I doubt we will, it was a stop we made to eat on our way from Kennedy Space Center back Bradenton. Over all the food was good, except we had one piece of a two piece chicken dish that was not thoroughly cooked! The owner/cook (not sure which) came out and apologized, and comped the next dish. Anyway, it's 250 miles from home, so doubtful we would go their again.

We went to a restaurant in Orlando on Friday that took credit cards ONLY, no cash.
Oh, and of course you have a choice of 20%, 25%, 30% or other for the tip.

Just on principle, even it it were my favorite restaurant, I would no longer do business there.

Back
Top Bottom