Picking up where I left off...

Welcome back, Rich. I think that you may find living in flyover country a rude shock after lots of time on the coast, but you get over it (I did). Hope the hosue sale goes well.

:greetings10:Rich, so nice to hear from you...and hope your health issues resolve soon. Best of luck with you home search. Personally, I can't stand to be away from my family for too long!

Welcome back, Rich. I think that you may find living in flyover country a rude shock after lots of time on the coast, but you get over it (I did). Hope the hosue sale goes well.
Yes, different (for better and worse). 21 years living in Wisconsin under my belt, so that would be good practice. Climate is getting more and more important to us as we age and get a little less nimble.

Where in Missouri are you looking at? I am a native. But in Texas now.

Welcome back Rich, I hope your new adventures are happy ones :greetings10:

Columbia is a good choice. I would not live in San Francisco for all the granola in California,

I grew up in Columbia and think it would be a great place for you. My mom always thought it was a wonderful town for retirees. You can always go somewhere warm in the winter. Glad to have you back, also.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
Columbia (Mizzou) to be precise. It's not a bad little college town; weather is extreme and unpredictable, though.

If you get up their this fall, Rich, do a fellow forum member a favor and attend a game and cheer hard for the Tigers. I have a sizable bet on them winning more than 6 games this year. They are 2-1, but I am nervous! :)

Count me among those who are glad to see R-i-T posting.

When a forum member mentioned some health problems, then disappeared for a while, it sure makes one wonder.

Well, when someone disappeared without mentioning any health problem, it makes me wonder too. I am still waiting to see CJ (aka CuppaJoe) making an appearance. Or has she been lurking? Come on CJ!

I am logging in from a coastal town in Northern CA. Been RV'in as I said before going silent, and will be incommunicado again soon.

Welcome back. Like the others I was wondering where you were, glad to hear whatever health issues have/are resolving favorably.

Welcome back!!! Delighted to hear you are feeling better.

I can't comment on Tampa's real estate but my son and his family are headed your way next week to do their part in improving your economy.

Let me put in a vote for Redwood City. Great weather year round.

You've gotten every penny you deserved from the "Ask Rich" show, and look where you are today. :D

Now go take some ginseng and take a nap.

I had fever and sinus headaches last week and was forced to go to the local doc. He ran all kinds of blood test and gave me a prescript. Other than getting the prescript, it was a waste of time. Can't get them to call me with the results. Good thing I had nothing serious(I guess) or I would have died waiting on test results. If you had been around, you could have given me the ginseng advice and I would have done just as well.

Oh well.....welcome back.

Welcome back Rich! I enjoy reading your posts - you conquered the "just one more year" syndrome that many of us struggle with.

Good luck on the house sale & move.

I tried, but they stopped me at the border. My papers were not in order, I guess ;).

Good to see you back posting. If you had been packing heat, we would have let you in:D.

Hope the health issues are behind you and you get a quick house sale at a good price. And we'd love to have another MD here in Texas, even a retired one.

Lazarus said:
Columbia is a good choice. I would not live in San Francisco for all the granola in California,
I'd live in SF. It has two good universities nearby, lots to see and do, and excellent sailing in the bay.

Let me add my voice to the welcome backs! We missed you, Rich. Hope the health problems are behind you and better days are ahead.

I had fever and sinus headaches last week and was forced to go to the local doc. He ran all kinds of blood test and gave me a prescript. Other than getting the prescript, it was a waste of time. Can't get them to call me with the results. Good thing I had nothing serious(I guess) or I would have died waiting on test results. If you had been around, you could have given me the ginseng advice and I would have done just as well.

Oh well.....welcome back.

Hey Rich, Doc finally called me this morning and said I tested positive for the West Nile virus. I guess you wouldn't have been able to help me over the internet anyway.;) My fever had actually gone away by time I saw him, but he prescribed Z-Pak as I still had some aches and pains. But I guess it didn't contribute much to my continued improvement as I read where antibiotics doesn't help treat the virus. If I had not gone in, I guess it would have gone away on it's on and I would have never know about it. No telling how many other cases there are that never make it to the statistics.

Oh well.......back to my regular med's. :)

Back
Top Bottom