Plantar Fasciitis site with tons of useful info

W*rking underground, I wore steel toed rubber boots or GORE tex boots 12 hous/day for 35 years. I had several bouts of PF. I wore the boot, did stretches, but the best relief I had was ultra sound therapy from the physical therapist.

Funny to see this old post come up. I too had PF for years and podiatrist bills forever. My mom bought me a pair of Birkenstock sandals and said try them. Ugly as they were I now have about 20 pair and have never paid another dime to a doc. 15 years now pain free and no other bouts.

I don't have any particular insights on PF, but I am regular listened of Peter Attia's podcast (peterattiamd.com) and his most recent guest, Irene Davis (podcast#128) is providing some extremely compelling insights into this topic. Well worth listening to (and I don't even have any obvious foot/shin/knee/hip issues)!

I've been lucky since the PF I've had to deal with was pretty mild compared to some of the stories I've read about here. The last time I had a problem with it, about two years ago, the podiatrist suggested these Copper Fit insoles that worked great for me. She did mention that the "copper" part has nothing to do with it, but they're reasonably priced and have a raised part on them that worked well for me.

As always, YMMV.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=copper+f...fix=copperfit+in,aps,421&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_4_12

Still PF-free!

As this 2-year-old thread has been revived, I thought I'd post my current status.

I have had ZERO recurrences of PF. :dance:

I now avoid super-cushy (= soft) shoes as I got the sense that they may have caused the onset of PF for me. Other than that, I don't do anything wrt PF.... I don't do any stretches, nor scraping, nor do I wear any special arch supports, insoles, socks, etc

I just visited Washington DC last week and walked for miles with zero pain.

All good.

omni

As this 2-year-old thread has been revived, I thought I'd post my current status.

I have had ZERO recurrences of PF. :dance:

I now avoid super-cushy (= soft) shoes as I got the sense that they may have caused the onset of PF for me. Other than that, I don't do anything wrt PF.... I don't do any stretches, nor scraping, nor do I wear any special arch supports, insoles, socks, etc

I just visited Washington DC last week and walked for miles with zero pain.

All good.

omni

Good on you! Your story mirrors the conclusions reached in the Attia podcast I mentioned above. It made sense to me but since I did not have any personal experience, I wasn’t sure.

Good on you! Your story mirrors the conclusions reached in the Attia podcast I mentioned above. It made sense to me but since I did not have any personal experience, I wasn’t sure.

euro,

I'm halfway through the Attia interview podcast. It all makes sense to me.

Thanks for posting it.

omni

Last edited:
I don't have any particular insights on PF, but I am regular listened of Peter Attia's podcast (peterattiamd.com) and his most recent guest, Irene Davis (podcast#128) is providing some extremely compelling insights into this topic. Well worth listening to (and I don't even have any obvious foot/shin/knee/hip issues)!

I have foot pain consistent with a Morton’s neuroma. No pain when barefoot. I wear wide hiking shoes. I’m getting minimalist hiking shoes and will report back. The podcast was one of the most sensible things I’ve heard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom