Poll:ACA

How many on ACA coverage

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireorbust

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm curious and this may start a bar fight...How many are on ACA. Reply with your thoughts about it's future and what you'll do if it is overturned.

We are on ACA, but do not receive/qualify for a subsidy. If it is over-turned, my only concern is pre-existing conditions remaining as covered. I dont really have any pre-existing conditions, I just feel it is the most critical aspect of the law. My wife had, and beat, breast cancer. For her, it is absolutely a must to keep that portion of the legislation in some form.

I am on ACA. As a low income person I would likely have to go without insurance if ACA was overturned and there was no replacement with help for low income people. If I read things right I don't qualify for Medicaid because I have over $2000 in cash. So my options are no insurance or pay upwards of $6000/yr just for premiums on a $15K/yr income. The other option is go back to work fulltime even though I have chronic pain and would be horribly miserable all day everyday even with OTC pain meds. No good options

Really don't think people can reasonably comment without knowing if there is a replacement / alternative plan and what the specific details are in regards to things like pre-existing conditions.

I've been saying, you can't repeal and replace. If anything you have to replace and then repeal.

Really don't think people can reasonably comment without knowing if there is a replacement / alternative plan and what the specific details are in regards to things like pre-existing conditions.

I have one more year of ACA before Medicare. I receive a nice subsidy by keeping my income low. I also have pre existing conditions. I just hope I can keep it for one more year!

After watching the hearings, I’m about 95% sure it’s not going anywhere. Keyword is severability.

I voted. I suggest you ask the mods to retitle this thread "ACA poll". Just "ACA" is kind of meaningless.

EDIT - or now that I look at it use the poll question for thread title "How many on ACA coverage?"

I voted yes, but technically don’t plan on being on it until the first of the year (although we still have not ruled out cobra). We are going to keep our income low, to get subsidies. I worked 37 years and never took any unemployment (even though unemployed for a few months) or government aid or loans, and completely paid for DD’s education out of my pocket. My turn to get a little back.

Everyone is covered by ACA to a certain extent whether you are in the individual market or on an employer group plan. We don't get any subsidies and buy an off-exchange PPO plan directly from the insurance company. We have no pre-existing conditions at this point but if our premiums increase dramatically, we will seriously consider self-insuring.

Everyone is covered by ACA to a certain extent whether you are in the individual market or on an employer group plan. We don't get any subsidies and buy an off-exchange PPO plan directly from the insurance company. We have no pre-existing conditions at this point but if our premiums increase dramatically, we will seriously consider self-insuring.

+1. The ACA is the regulatory framework for health insurance in the country, including employer plans and medicaid and open market plans. Not just the exchanges. Or am I being too nit-picky?

My brother and me are on the ACA with large subsidies by managing MAGI. It is a big deal for us and it works very well in many parts of FLA, although I beleive the premiums are rising much more for next year.

Some posts were removed because they veered into political territory. It's a shame that happened so soon after the otherwise acceptable thread was created, so maybe it would be better to avoid the topic for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom