Poll:Are you posting more or less here?

In recent months are you posting more often, less often, or the same amount?

• I am posting more often

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • I am posting less often

Votes: 41 42.7%
  • I am posting about the same

Votes: 44 45.8%

• Total voters

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Since March have your postings on the forum increased, decrease, or stayed about the same? Also in the comments are you reading more threads or fewer?

Posting and reading about the same for me is my best guess.

About the same. For us daily life hasn't changed significantly since we're introverted homebodies anyway. There are of course far fewer family gatherings - zero in fact - but those were at most an every-other-month occurrence anyway.

I think my level of patience has decreased somewhat. I skim threads more. Probably my postings have gone down. When I have posted I notice there are few comments. I kind of like the comments that are insightful.

Maybe I am getting more boring? Don't answer that! ;)

About the same. I might post more if the subject is something I can contribute to or have interest in. Threads subjects dictate how much or how less nothing to do with the virus thou.

Last edited:
I post in spurts. The pandemic has nothing to do with it.

It comes and goes.... The last few months I've been posting more here (and one other forum) than I have in the past... And another forum I have stopped posting altogether and become a lurker....

I find many interesting posts here but by the time I discover them there are 85 replies and I don’t have the patience to read through all of them to see if there is anything left for me to contribute that has not already been said.

The vast majority of my post count (>90% probably) is communications with the moderator team or moderator posts in-thread. I do not comment as a regular member on the public threads all that often and I rarely start threads. I much prefer to read what all of you have to say. You are intelligent, thoughtful, generous and wise, and I appreciate all of your contributions.

Sadly, I have found myself posting more since the advent of COVID. It would be good if we could both fade away.

More. We are going to be home for more than half the time this year, and have been in decent internet coverage for all but 8 weeks....

I voted that I'm posting about the same, because I can't tell for sure, but I think if anything it's less right now, as I'm not online all day the way I was when I was at w*rk.

Much less. We've had multiple deaths in the family in the past year so that has drawn my attention away from the inter webs.

_B

Reading and posting the same amount as always.

Which, according to m stats is 1352 posts in 13 years-so not very much!

Less. I haven't visited for the past few months. I was more active prior to retiring and for a short period after retiring. Now that I've settled into retirement (1 1/2 yrs in, approximately), I feel less need to discuss the subject. Here's why I think that might be.

As we approach retirement, we have a lot in common and a lot to discuss. Everyone is headed to the same destination, so to speak (retirement, that is). There is a lot of commonality and shared concerns -- finance, timing, work relations, anxieties about how to structure the new life, etc. All of that drives discussion.

But after we retire and get comfortable, things diverge quite a lot. The paths forward become very individual, and so we have less in common to discuss. There is also less urgency to it.

I think that's part of what's going on, at least for me. Now that I'm retired and settled into retirement, I feel less a need to discuss it.

In recent months are you posting more often, less often, or the same amount?

I didn't vote because honestly I don't have any idea. Like before, I post when I want to post.

Back
Top Bottom