Poll: Would You Go To Your Grade School Reunion?

Would You Go To Your Grade School Reunion?

• What reunion? I Stay in touch with old classmates already.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Yes. I want to go and relive old times

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Yes. I want to see what happened to my old classmates.

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Not now. But maybe another time.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • No. I am not interested.

Votes: 78 65.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.5%

• Total voters
The Moment of Truth

Update. I finally got around to decided about my grade school reunion which is 10/10.

The introvert in me was saying "Don't do it, Don't do it!" but I went ahead and messaged an old classmate from school and said I'd like to attend.

I expect the reunion will be both fun and maybe a bit awkward. :angel:

A grade school reunion is redundant in my situation since most of the kids I graduated HS with were my classmates all 12 years. .....

+1 Our HS class has had reunions every 5 years and we have attended most of them (missed our 10th due to BIL's wedding). It is interesting to see our old classmates... we lived in the same town that we grew up in from ~ 30-55 so we have connections with many of those folks. Also, DW was our class VP and as a result for a number of reunions we were dragged into organizing them.

However, one night is enough for me... the trend these days is to have numerous activities over 2 or 3 days.... I skip those other than the reunion itself tho DW has gone to some of the other activities.

Interestingly, neither DD (who was also VP of her class and remains quite connected with her classmates) nor DS (who was not connected at all) have had class reunions yet. I suspect that it is a generational thing and that social media has changed the way people look at reunions.

Graduated in good ole 69 and went to the 30th class reunion, graduating class was small maybe 150 or so. The small town is still the same old small town and actually looks worse every time I visit. Might go to the 50th reunion if it fits my schedule. I pretty much keep in touch with those I choose to via Facebook.

A number of the elementary grade school kids I remember pretty well also when on to my high school so a high school reunion cover "some of them".

Most of my high school friends and my home community (2 hrs. away) are on Facebook. While we're pushing mid 60's, so many of those I grew up with look so much older. Most of those in my home community don't have the financial resources or lifestyle my wife and I enjoy. What we share in common was in 1960-1975, and we've long since gone different directions in life.

Just got back from my 40th HS class reunion. Only 18 (out of 129) showed up, plus one of our teachers, but it was fun. We toured our elementary school - the wife of one classmate is now the principal. Also the former high school - now a church/community center (they consolidated high schools and middle schools and it closed as a school about 8 years ago). I'm friends on FB with 2 elementary friends who moved away before high school, would have been nice to see them also.

We had at least two people who didn't attend because of having been bullied (they posted on FB after the pictures were shared). Interesting that this doesn't seem to be uncommon.

I would agree that in general, the women look better than the men...

Just got back from my 40 year grade school reunion. I'm really glad that I went. Very good company and fun remembering some old times. Nice seeing what life paths we all took. Think including myself, there were only 1 or 2 folks who retired :).

Back
Top Bottom