R.I.P Jerry Lee Lewis, 87yoa

Bunch of great songs, but marrying a 13 yr old:confused:?

Loretta Lynn was somewhere between 13-16 when she married. and Priciilla was just 14 when she was dating Elvis. still, that was a bit creepy.

Last edited:
There seem to be a number of "they are dead", "oops, not quite, they are still alive", "okay, now they are dead" sequence of reporting on celebrities recently.

I was pretty late to the party but I remember when an album came out (1979 I think) that blew me away. Mostly I couldn’t tell exactly what he was singing but he had great backup, players and singers. On lead guitar was the fantastic James Burton.

The original is available on CD, packaged with other tracks.

CD: Jerry Lee Lewis/Rockin' My Life Away
https://a.co/d/2EjzPaU

https://youtu.be/ZaFb7OXSAX4

Awesome music maker, rough and tumble life and still made it to 87. Hmmm, maybe the secret to long life is not "eat right and excercise"? Must have been the music, women and booze that kept him going.

Last edited:
I remember when my grandmother told us that he was essentially the devil incarnate, due to his marriage and also his musical style. She told us he was evil and to never, ever listen to his music! :eek:

Luckily, my big brothers didn't listen to that advice any more than I did. When we got home we listened to Great Balls of Fire for quite a while. :D Love his music but since that time, it has always had a taste of "forbidden fruit" to me. Which of course, makes it that much better....

I remember when my grandmother told us that he was essentially the devil incarnate, due to his marriage and also his musical style. She told us he was evil and to never, ever listen to his music!

A person might be forgiven for wondering how she was so aware of his music. Goodness, gracious!

I remember when my grandmother told us that he was essentially the devil incarnate, due to his marriage and also his musical style. She told us he was evil and to never, ever listen to his music! :eek:

To hear my father tell it that was the beginning of the end for Western Civilization. The Beatles finished it off and the rest is just the finale of the collapse.:D

Reactions: W2R
To hear my father tell it that was the beginning of the end for Western Civilization. The Beatles finished it off and the rest is just the finale of the collapse.:D

:ROFLMAO: Well, when the Beatles came along, I made sure my parents heard "I want to hold your hand" before they heard any other Beatles songs, and I explained to them that I loved the innocence of those lyrics. So, they decided that was the type of songs we should listen to! We stuck with that decision. :D

Worked for me. :D What, teenagers, manipulative? Couldn't be! :LOL:

Loretta Lynn was somewhere between 13-16 when she married. and Priciilla was just 14 when she was dating Elvis. still, that was a bit creepy.

But the 13 year old was Jerry Lee's cousin. Keep'in it in the family.

He had a wife die of mysterious circumstances drowning in a swimming pool.

His wife (3 wives ago) died of a methadone overdose. Jerry Lee had been taking methadone to get off the other pain drugs he had got hooked on when recovering from serious stomach ailments. She mysteriously had bruises all over her too.

Back
Top Bottom