replacing a broken Tracfone

UPDATE

After three (3) phone calls to Tracfone, I receive a phone call from Tracfone.
They left voicemail with a toll free number and an extension for me to call.
After talking to the person on that extension I immediately receive an email with an UPS label to return the G6.
This is 14 days later. My first call was Oct. 8. Yesterday was Oct 22.
It may be coincidence or it may not, but the phone call from Tracfone came after I called Bank of America to dispute the eBay charge.
I had tried disputing first with Paypal, but they denied my claim telling me that the smartphone had been "altered". Seriously? :mad:

Anyway, the G6 will go out on Monday.

This goes to show that with Tracfone, they don't do anything unless you keep at it.

Glad that you finally got a mailing label. I have been a Tracfone customer for years and they are rightfully known for their lack of customer service. On the other hand, for my light usage and jumping on deals they are dirt cheap.

I don't blame the folks who have to deal with the public.

I believe that Tracfone corporate deliberately creates a system where the system does not do anything and that requires a person with the credentials to have to manually create an RMA for a dead smartphone.

UPDATE #2
I went to the UPS Store on Monday and mailed back the broken G6.
This morning I received an email from Tracfone with a tracking number for a UPS box with the replacement refurbished G6 that had shipped yesterday.
It looks as if Tracfone waited for confirmation from UPS that the broken G6 was shipped back before shipping me the replacement G6.

Good for Tracfone that this part of the process went very well.
Very bad for Tracfone that it took 2 calls and a call to Bank of America initiating a dispute totally 14 calendar days before someone from Tracfone called and manually initiated the RMA process.

UPDATE #3

I picked up the refurbished G6 at the post office today.
Put in the SIM card that I kept from the broken one, but I could not make a call. I had to call Tracfone and had to then be elevated to a more capable technician who then was able to "configure" my SIM to work with the refurbished G6.

Now it is downloading numerous updates.

Back
Top Bottom