RIP - Bernie Madoff

I met his son Andrew when he walked into my office wanting to open a brokerage account for his new disaster preparedness venture. He said "everywhere I go, people hear the name Madoff and they want nothing to do with me". Needless to say, his application was rejected. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. He came across as a genuine, nice guy that couldn't escape his infamous father's legacy.

I do feel bad for his widow seeing how she has lost her sons as well (one suicide and one to cancer) but Bernie? Well, hopefully I have thoughts as to his afterlife, but I will keep that to myself.

Last edited:
I'm just happy we're not paying to keep him locked away any longer. What a waste.

I clicked and I thought it was Bernie Sanders. He's got a lot left in the tank.

one wonders why we're even honoring him with "RIP" or .. keystrokes...

His death was posted on Reddit on the uplifting news sub.

I met his son Andrew when he walked into my office wanting to open a brokerage account for his new disaster preparedness venture. He said "everywhere I go, people hear the name Madoff and they want nothing to do with me". Needless to say, his application was rejected. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. He came across as a genuine, nice guy that couldn't escape his infamous father's legacy.

Hmmm - compared to 'My name is Mud.' what/where will Madoff in up in the History books yet to be written?

Heh heh heh - :flowers:

I think that would be a perfect justification for a legal name change.

what/where will Madoff in up in the History books yet to be written?
He'll be prominently noted in the section of the rich and powerful called "Those who were Caught". Or maybe the "Rise and Fall", depending on your POV.

Last edited:
The whole story is so sad. I'm sad for those he swindled, and sad for anybody who has to die in prison like that. I wouldn't want to go through that for any amount of (stolen) money. He really messed up his life terribly.

Madoff was the perfect example of, “When the tide goes out, you see who’s been swimming naked.” - Warren Buffett

Ooh! Very close.
I have more dislike for Martin as another company adopted his practices, cost me and a bunch of my Megacorp peers a lot of money. There's many people who lost a lot because of these idiots, I only know some of the 10k or so from Megacorp.

Good for him. Ripping off his own friends.
If it sounds too good to be true......

Back
Top Bottom