Robo Floor Cleaners

Mine.

Attachments

• Roomba.jpg
    Roomba.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 33
Do you have to get one for each floor of the house? We have two stories and a finished basement. I've dreamed of getting one but I'm blowing dough on other things this year.

Do you have to get one for each floor of the house? We have two stories and a finished basement. I've dreamed of getting one but I'm blowing dough on other things this year.

Are you asking about the Wyze vacuum?

You can use it on multiple floors, but you have to reset the map when you move it to a different floor. I think that might make it less efficient on its first run, but having reset the map for other reasons, I didn’t really notice a difference.

You can use it on multiple floors, but you have to reset the map when you move it to a different floor. I think that might make it less efficient on its first run, but having reset the map for other reasons, I didn’t really notice a difference.

For the Roomba version that doesn't have a map memory, you can just carry it to a different floor and push the start button. When it finishes cleaning, it returns to the starting spot and sends a message to your phone so you can go pick it up and return it to the charging dock. I do this all the time.

All of our floors are either wood or tile and we have some area rugs in various places. Will one of these robots be able to navigate the rugs and the transition strips between the tile and the wood?

For the Roomba version that doesn't have a map memory, you can just carry it to a different floor and push the start button. When it finishes cleaning, it returns to the starting spot and sends a message to your phone so you can go pick it up and return it to the charging dock. I do this all the time.

The same goes for the roombas that do map the area, up to ten floors (or maps, actually). I carry my i6+ downstairs and when it fills up, it alerts me and I can either empty it manually or carry it upstairs, hit the home button, watch it find its way home and empty itself, then carry it back downstairs and it starts where it left off.

All of our floors are either wood or tile and we have some area rugs in various places. Will one of these robots be able to navigate the rugs and the transition strips between the tile and the wood?

My Roomba i7+ moves quite well between my hardwoods, a tiled foyer, thick carpeted areas and large area rugs. I have a couple locations where there is a wooden threshold strip between surfaces and it has no problems moving between rooms over them. One transition it struggles with is from the tile to the thick carpet. I guess that height change is just too much for it. It made it a couple times, but also didn’t make it a couple times. I solve the problem by placing an area rug over the threshold which gives the device more of a ramp to navigate instead of a step.

I also move a couple small, lightweight area rugs out of the way before running the Roomba. I found that it sometimes pulls the rug corners into the suction and it disrupts the device. I never had to rescue the device, it always got itself free of the rug. But it’s easy to move them before vacuuming to make for a smoother cleaning. Heavier, room-size rugs are no issue. My rugs do not have tassels, which I have heard sometimes cause issues.

I have the Wyze vacuum and I’ve kept it to just one floor because of the limitation of not supporting multiple floor mapping. I haven’t tried deleting the map and running it on a different floor yet. Do you have to bring the charging base with you when you move it to a different floor?

My Wyze goes from hardwood to rugs without any issues. The rug doesn’t have the frilly strands at the end, so I don’t know if that would cause any issues. If that’s a concern, I’m sure a quick search on google would provide an answer.

My inexpensive Eufy does fine going from hardwoods to my plush oriental rugs and back. The only problem is the long fringe on one rug and I have just turned that under the rug and left it like that.

It seems like lots of us name our robotic helpers some variation of Rosie. Mine is Rosey after the Jetson's maid. I talk to her too, usually along the lines of "Rosey, what are you doing? You know you always get stuck under there!" Our Rosey is definitely not the smartest, but she does a very good job cleaning.

I call mine The Kraken. And yes, I push the button and I say “release the kraken!” And off it goes.

And it makes me laugh every time I do it. So in my opinion it’s well worth it.

Managing "Eufy" has been more trouble than it's worth. And we still have to sweep and mop, so who am I kidding? Not a believer, sorry to all the Robo-fans

Managing "Eufy" has been more trouble than it's worth. And we still have to sweep and mop, so who am I kidding? Not a believer, sorry to all the Robo-fans

Do you have carpets? If so do you still vacuum the carpets with a vacuum cleaner? Where I find my Eufy to be outstanding is on carpets and rugs and under things I find hard to reach like under the bed and under the coach.

Yeah, we have a few area rugs, and a white Samoyed dog who's a sweet dog, but sheds big time. No match for poor little Eufy...

The Eufy's are on Amazon Deal of the Day for a couple more hours. Cheapest one is the 15C at $140. Several more expensive models as well.

I hate vacuuming but I feel that I need to keep doing my own cleaning as much as possible to keep my body moving. We have no pets so just me and my husband in a little cottage. I also am very neat and keep the house pretty streamlined so not a lot of things around.

It's like with the golf carts. So many people here in our community have them to bring the garbage down to the dumpster or to go get their mail at the clubhouse or to visit friends here. I refuse to get one because once we do we would not be walking.

As it is we have downsized into a tiny, new construction home with a tiny lot and have a lot less to do/maintain and we get bored because we are so used to doing stuff around the house and yard!

If the time comes that we we can no longer walk or clean the house- then we will reconsider options like the golf cart or robo vacuum. We do have one 81 year old here who walks everywhere and even rides a bike like for 25 miles. No golf cart for him.

I hate vacuuming but I feel that I need to keep doing my own cleaning as much as possible to keep my body moving. We have no pets so just me and my husband in a little cottage. I also am very neat and keep the house pretty streamlined so not a lot of things around.

It's like with the golf carts. So many people here in our community have them to bring the garbage down to the dumpster or to go get their mail at the clubhouse or to visit friends here. I refuse to get one because once we do we would not be walking.

As it is we have downsized into a tiny, new construction home with a tiny lot and have a lot less to do/maintain and we get bored because we are so used to doing stuff around the house and yard!

If the time comes that we we can no longer walk or clean the house- then we will reconsider options like the golf cart or robo vacuum. We do have one 81 year old here who walks everywhere and even rides a bike like for 25 miles. No golf cart for him.

I am having back issues. I still walk, ride my bike and do yoga almost every day but I just cannot do the being and twisting necessary to vacuum, especially to get under the coach and beds. So for me my Rosie Robotvac has been a real help.

my DW named ours Mr Magoo. he bumps into a few things making his rounds.

We call ours “Hazel”

This little thing is simply amazing. We thought that our house was pretty clean, well after a week of her doing her thing, it was obvious we had missed a lot of dirt/dust.
The problem is we have to constantly empty her!!! Well, I suppose that is not to bad since she is doing most of the work. Yes, she get stuck under the chair or couch now and then, and yes she hangs up and the rug/register vent once in a while, but overall, we love her to pieces and may even get another one for the up stairs so I don’t have to carry her up there. These things are worth every penny.

My cat is not alarmed by my robot vac unless it goes near his food dish. He does not want to share!

We took off and forgot to pause Rosie while we've been gone.

She's hung up under a chair and she has emailed us saying her bin is full.

Poor thing's battery has now run down. Momma will be home in 2 days to rescue her gal.

Picked up a Roborock S5 Max recently and really like it, use it on mostly wood and tile floors. Only got stuck once (loose cable) so far, schedule it to run while I'm out of the house golfing, no problem going over floor thresholds. It also has a mop feature that I use occasionally, not the main reason why I got it but seems to work ok. Won't remove heavy spots on floor but looking at the mop pad after it's done it's definitely picking up grime off the floor.

Back
Top Bottom