Run, unclemick! (unclemick checks in on page 8!!!)

Re: Run, unclemick!

Hey Uncamick,

I am encouraged by the people who think you packed up and headed out, but I am also worried about you.

Hope you and your family made it out safely.

Hope to see your font soon !!!

-helen

BigMoneyJim said:
I just thought of something. Unclemick has forgotten his password before. He won't have the cookie auto-login wherever he goes, and he may not have access to his email so he may be unable to post even if he is safe, happy and on the internet.

By the way, his last visit here was on Saturday evening, and he said he was about to bring in the outdoor furniture and start "the usual drill".
Posted a message to a UncleMick2 :D last night on the Slidell Hurricane Damage blog:

UncleMick2

September 2nd, 2005 11:21:46pm

Unclemick2 - Everyone at Early Retire Forum hopes you and your family are safe and sound. Let us know here or at the ERF your status. Best Regards. The ERF gang.

tozz said:
It's a reach, Dan, but a pretty good one. You must be studying that blog pretty closely!
tozz - did I ever mention my heros are Sam Spade and Guy Noir? :D

I can hear unclemick smeerking "heh heh heh", slurping some nice cold beer (brought his generator) further up in the swamp with his ladies. Right up his alley.

Can't hurt to be optimistic.

MJ:)

MRGALT2U said:
BTW, I was gone for a week too.  Did anyone miss me?
Didn't think so.   :)

JG

I KNEW something was missing from the board! Subconsciously, I DID miss you! :D

Calgary_Girl said:
I KNEW something was missing from the board!  Subconsciously, I DID miss you!   :D 

Thanks. It's an acquired taste. No doubt.

JG

Hoping unclemick is safe wherever he might be. I am sure that he can rebuild his fish camp.

I am keeping Unclemick and his family in my prayers and can't wait to hear from him.

I definitely missed you JohnGalt and wondered where you had been!!

Dreamer

MRGALT2U said:
BTW, I was gone for a week too.  Did anyone miss me?
Didn't think so.   :)

JG

I did notice you were gone; either that or really developing  a lot of self-restraint.  There were some baiting comments in one of the more political threads that you would have had a hard time resisting.

I noticed John, figured you were off having some fun ;)

Hope we hear from Unclemick soon.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still convinced that unclemick is a 13 year old girl from Missoula, Montana. Although she might be 14 years old by now. (Someone could do a search for that old thread and see how long ago we established that fact). Katrina never came anywhere near Montana. I sleep a lot better at night thinking of unclemick as a little girl safe in Montana. :D :D :D

Sheryl said:
I did notice you were gone; either that or really developing  a lot of self-restraint.  There were some baiting comments in one of the more political threads that you would have had a hard time resisting.

I don't doubt it. IT takes very little to get me started.

JG

((^+^)) SG said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still convinced that unclemick is a 13 year old girl from Missoula, Montana. Although she might be 14 years old by now. (Someone could do a search for that old thread and see how long ago we established that fact). Katrina never came anywhere near Montana. I sleep a lot better at night thinking of unclemick as a little girl safe in Montana. :D :D :D

http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=396.msg3735#msg3735

It looks like you figured it out December 26, 2003.

HI all,

Don't visit the forum as much as I used to but have been checking in everyday re: UncleMick news.  Hope to see that [Heh-heh-heh soon.

But maybe the Norwegian widow was lonely.

Judy
Where is Nords?

JWV said:
Don't visit the forum as much as I used to [. . .]

If the reason you don't visit as much has something to do with the political and religious arguments, then we have done a bit to improve that by volunteer moderators. We aren't chasing off such discussions but we do split them out of FI/ER threads that are hijacked or otherwise diverted into a more volatile discussion. The God/God/god/god thread was split out of another thread and banished to Other Topics, for example. It makes the battles easier to avoid by staying away from such topics.

We are doing a great job of stomping spam and near-universally offensive posts at least.

In answer to your second question, Nords is here and moderating but was absent for the past week or so.

Nords is cruising!

Dreamer

I don't want to be an alarmist, but I'm getting worried that something really did happen to UncleMick.  If he evacuated before the hurricane, he'd probably be with someone who has Internet access or near a library, and he'd likely have posted something (even though he has much more important things to deal with).  So maybe he didn't evacuate ahead of time.

OTOH, his last post was on the 25th, and Katrina hit on Aug 29. That's consistent with him evacuating.

I've been fearing this as well, Al. But there are so many problems with power and phone issues still. Maybe he is somewhere safe, but without phone/internet access and all the other "necessities."

I keep wondering, "What if we never hear from him...?" :'(

His last post was on the 27th at 9am CDT, and he was last logged on at 6:14pm CDT. I'm trying to stay positive, but it would be nice to hear from him.

But his absence can be explained by business or forgetting a password. IIRC he used to be "unclemick" then went to guest posting after getting off the WebTV and took up "unclemick2" when dory36 turned off guest posting. If he doesn't have access to his email account then it may be difficult for him to get back on. He's not one of the computer wizards around here.

Also, even if he is high and dry surely he has friends he's trying to find and work to do on where his family will live. (I'm optimistic about his health but pessimistic about his fishing shack.)

If he doesn't show up in the next few days I'll brainstorm a way for him to identify himself to us in the case that he can't log on as unclemick2.

FWIW, guests can post, so he can post as anything and identify himself.

dory36 said:
FWIW, guests can post, so he can post as anything and identify himself.

Are you sure? I just logged out and tried to reply and post in this thread and in Other Topics, but there are no buttons. You've had guest posting disabled for quite a while due to the spam and profanity we were getting a few months ago.

Sheryl said:
I've been fearing this as well, Al.  But there are so many problems with power and phone issues still.  Maybe he is somewhere safe, but without phone/internet access and all the other "necessities." 

I keep wondering, "What if we never hear from him...?" :'(
Power could be the problem. I just got my power up about an hour ago. Glad to have it too. No cable though. He's probably staying with some relative that doesn't have a pc.  :-\

Back
Top Bottom