SE Florida- singer island to Miami beach

moneymaker

Recycles dryer sheets
Just got back from a week long trip in SE Florida and absolutely loved every aspect about it - culture, architecture, landscaping, beaches, food etc- I’m talking near A1A- either the beach side or intraciastal side. Absolutely beautiful area. We enjoyed more singer island going south to north Boca- seemed not as busy as Lauderdale to Miami Beach. Really liked the Boynton beach, Delray areas.

To keep this short, we are both sold on eventually having a condo or house in the area. We are contemplating whether to purchase something now and rent out some of the time but also be available for us to use or wait until we are actually retired and we’d spend the summer months there.

Would appreciate anyone’s feedback on folks who have done this or have any knowledge of the area or using airbnb or Vrbo.

My BIL is a motorcycle Lt. cop in Delray, and has a house about 1/4 mile from the Ocean in Boyton Beach. We visited in March, and loved the A1A area, ate at an open restaurant on Sunday morning, and watched the boats entering the inlet, walked on the beach.

Everywhere else is (including A1A) is absolutely jammed with cars at any hour of the day, and we found 2 way gridlock on 10:00 on a Tuesday. Being from small town middle America, i'm just not used to that much frantic pace at all hours of the day.

My BIL is a motorcycle Lt. cop in Delray, and has a house about 1/4 mile from the Ocean in Boyton Beach. We visited in March, and loved the A1A area, ate at an open restaurant on Sunday morning, and watched the boats entering the inlet, walked on the beach.

Everywhere else is (including A1A) is absolutely jammed with cars at any hour of the day, and we found 2 way gridlock on 10:00 on a Tuesday. Being from small town middle America, i'm just not used to that much frantic pace at all hours of the day.

Hi, yes it is busy but we found that Boynton and Delray weren’t too bad at all. Same with singer island and lake worth. But great spots!

We have a condo on the A1A in Hillsboro Beach. It’s nestled in between Deerfield Beach and Pompano Beach. It’s mostly condos and Billionaire type homes. Easy access to Boca Raton and Ft Lauderdale. It’s quiet with uncrowded beaches. There are two bridges, one north in Deerfield Beach and one south going into Pompano that you can use to get out of town. They just replaced the water mains and sewer lines on this part of the A1A, so we won’t have that hassle again for a long time. Traffic is manageable, but worse on weekends than during the week. We love it!

Yep we went right through Hillsboro- it’s beautiful. May I ask if you ever rented it out or did you ever use it as only a vacation or winter home? Or maybe it’s your full time residence?

Yep we went right through Hillsboro- it’s beautiful. May I ask if you ever rented it out or did you ever use it as only a vacation or winter home? Or maybe it’s your full time residence?

We don’t rent it out. Some folks do, but it has to be for a minimum of three months.
This is our view from our condo.

IMG_2141.JPG

That’s an amazing view! Do you keep up with RE prices? We are contemplating if we should buy now or wait for 7-10 years?

That’s an amazing view! Do you keep up with RE prices? We are contemplating if we should buy now or wait for 7-10 years?

Real estate prices are hard to judge for condos on the beach. It’s all about the view and how recently renovated. We paid $400K for our 8th floor condo set back one unit from the oceanfront. Next door is the first in a string of mansions, so they don’t block our view. We can see the cruise ships leaving Port Everglades. The units on the end are bigger with an amazing view, and of course cost more.
Our condo had been poorly renovated in the nineties, and we pretty much tore it apart or put a skim coat over drywall when we redid it. We went more high end in our materials than most folks in our building. It’s only 1,200 sq ft, so there are both smaller and bigger. Ours is two bedroom and some are one bedroom in our building.

Back
Top Bottom