Sign of the apocalypse

I had my shrinkage surprise yesterday. We buy the chicken thigh packages from Costco. I like that they are individually packed with 4 thighs. Perfect for 2 of us.
Yesterday I used a newly purchased package and there were only 3 thighs! And no, they were not unusually large.
I hope this was a one off and the others are 4 to a pack.

No! We also buy the large packs at Costco and would be quite disappointed to see that. Ugh.

I wish the boneless, skinless chicken breasts were smaller. A 14 oz. half breast is way too much for dinner for the two of us. 8 oz. ones would be perfect, as it would give us 4 oz. each.

I wish the boneless, skinless chicken breasts were smaller. A 14 oz. half breast is way too much for dinner for the two of us. 8 oz. ones would be perfect, as it would give us 4 oz. each.

Unfortunately, that's how these massive farms raise them these days. Feeding 330 million people is a tough thing, so gotta have to have these massive birds ready for consumption mere days after hatching! And yes...there is slight sarcasm here, but I agree...they are just too freaking big.

Sign of the apocalypse today in Pa. My 2 pound bag of frozen fish fillets went from $10 to $11. Ugh. A 10% increase. Haddock, Cod, and Whiting. All up 10 %. Well, at least the bag is still 2 pounds, lol.

Last edited:

I completely agree! I find it quite frustrating that I have to cut them up into 2-3 pieces depending on size and thickness to use them. I found some fresh ones in the grocery store that were a reasonable size, but they’re $6/lb, over double the price of the huge ones. We liked the smaller ones but not sure they’re worth paying 3x more.

This is why we started buying the tenderloins instead of the breasts. Smaller individual pieces.

In 2019, I paid $49 for a replacement Oakley Turbine Rotor polarized plastic sunglass lens

The same replacement, two years later, goes for $79.

I had my shrinkage surprise yesterday. We buy the chicken thigh packages from Costco. I like that they are individually packed with 4 thighs. Perfect for 2 of us.
Yesterday I used a newly purchased package and there were only 3 thighs! And no, they were not unusually large.
I hope this was a one off and the others are 4 to a pack.

No! We also buy the large packs at Costco and would be quite disappointed to see that. Ugh.

At least they charge by weight.

Back
Top Bottom