Snakebit Friend (Rant)

WOW, so I guess an encrypted excel spreadsheet is out of the realm of possibility's?

Your a good man !!!!!!!

Retired in late 2008 at age 45. IRA, SS, and a pension await me at age 60 and later.

So have you gotten your pension? You deserve it !

Egads! He learned some Excel decades ago but has never used it. That's definitely out of the question.

To answer your other question, I was referring to age 60 being the starting time for becoming eligible for at least one of those 3 pots of money - SS, IRA, and pension. Being 60, I am not eligible for SS yet - I could start taking it at 62, which I won't do. Even at 65 it is early for SS because my FRA is 67. The pension I can't start taking until 65. It's a frozen pension, so every year I get a statement telling me how much it will be at 65, and it's the same amount.

However, I have a small amount in a Cash Balance plan which began when the pension plan got frozen. It grew by a decent amount every year while I was still working. But in the last 15 years, it has grown only a tiny amount from the annual interest credit associated with the plan. I found out a few years ago that I can cash that out prior to age 65 if I want to (which I don't).

Just have him save them in Edge browser

Turn password saving on or off
Select Settings and more > Settings .

Select Profiles > Passwords

Turn on or off Offer to save passwords.

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=how+to+save+passwords+on+edge+browser&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Looks like you need to have a Microsoft account to make this work. I don't know if he has one. He might; he uses MSN for his email. Would that be the same account? I assume one has to be signed into it in order to see the "Offer to save Passwords" option. I tried the previous steps in my own Edge browser (which I very rarely use) which got me to that point.

Egads! He learned some Excel decades ago but has never used it. That's definitely out of the question.

To answer your other question, I was referring to age 60 being the starting time for becoming eligible for at least one of those 3 pots of money - SS, IRA, and pension. Being 60, I am not eligible for SS yet - I could start taking it at 62, which I won't do. Even at 65 it is early for SS because my FRA is 67. The pension I can't start taking until 65. It's a frozen pension, so every year I get a statement telling me how much it will be at 65, and it's the same amount.

However, I have a small amount in a Cash Balance plan which began when the pension plan got frozen. It grew by a decent amount every year while I was still working. But in the last 15 years, it has grown only a tiny amount from the annual interest credit associated with the plan. I found out a few years ago that I can cash that out prior to age 65 if I want to (which I don't).
:facepalm:
You'll get there, unless the SBF puts you in grave early :facepalm:

Looks like you need to have a Microsoft account to make this work. I don't know if he has one. He might; he uses MSN for his email. Would that be the same account? I assume one has to be signed into it in order to see the "Offer to save Passwords" option. I tried the previous steps in my own Edge browser (which I very rarely use) which got me to that point.

Yes. If he has an MSN account he should be good to go.

Up until about 10 years ago we had many execs who refused to use a computer and would have their assistant print out their emails. They'd dictate replies and their assistants would type and email them. I don't have much respect for people who brag about not learning new everyday technology like smartphones, etc.

This was back when I was with Big corp... 16 years ago...

They hired an old exec that had retired years ago and he refused to carry a cell phone... it did not matter that much as he ALWAYS had an entourage with him and if needed would call one of them...

I think it is pretty arrogant of them...

Up until about 10 years ago we had many execs who refused to use a computer and would have their assistant print out their emails. They'd dictate replies and their assistants would type and email them. I don't have much respect for people who brag about not learning new everyday technology like smartphones, etc.

I admired my supervisor early in my career. I moved on to 2 other firms, and while with that 2nd company I hired that former supervisor. He was smart, but had not adapted at all to technology (this was back in 1986). Shortly after I brought him on, I was promoted. He left (maybe fired?) less than 2 months later.

SBF Why yes, I have one:)

I really don't mind helping him, however, the 'I didn't touch anything' gets a little old.

I have installed his printer numerous times. I think I finally solved that one by using a permanent ip address rather than a DNS. However the last call was, 'the printer stopped working, and it is plugged in!' Well it was, the either net cable was pluged into the usb a, port.

I gave him an older ROKU box. All worked fine. Then one day, 'It quit', 'what do you mean', No power, no lights nothing. Well I have a similar box so I told him I would bring over a power supply to check it out. It was plugged into the wall, and into the box, only problem it was plugged into one of the RCA ports! (old box), Put the power in the power port, all worked fine. Two weeks later, 'It quit! and no body touched it! Well somebody did, because it was plugged into the RCA port again. I told him it is really time he have a conversation with Nobody and Somebody before he calls.

He has moved out of the neighborhood, but I still get calls, mostly about Iphones, or Ipads. "why is my screen bland". Or, 'The plug broke off in the Ipad and we can't get the bit in it out'. Interesting he took it to a repair shop in town and they kept it for two days and said they could not get it out, and it would cost a couple of hundred dollars to replace the socket. He brought it over, it took 15 seconds to flip it out with the tip of a pin knife.

A partner that I worked with in 1998 had a cell phone. He would turn it on, check voicemail, respond as needed and then turn it off. A bit of a waste as I could call and leave him a voicemail on his land line.

A partner that I worked with in 1998 had a cell phone. He would turn it on, check voicemail, respond as needed and then turn it off. A bit of a waste as I could call and leave him a voicemail on his land line.

I can relate to that attitude. Maybe because the phone was such a big part of my w*orking life, even now I confess I get slightly annoyed when my cell phone rings (especially when the caller is "unknown"). The phone has saved my bacon a couple of times while on the road, so I recognize its value, but mostly when I'm doing the calling.

Latest misadventure with SBF.

He got a ticket for driving an uninspected car. It was supposed to be inspected by the end of January. I guess not realizing your car needed to be inspected can happen to anyone. But it happens to him.

He has to go to court and show them he got it inspected, which he did last week (he showed me, although the paper has a hole in it). But he also told me he lost the ticket somewhere. He does remember the day in March he has to appear. I'm not sure if he recalls the time he has to appear. Maybe he'll find the ticket before he has to appear. Or he'll just blame the cleaning woman like he does whenever he misplaces something. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom