Software for Net Worth tracking graph

waynezo

Recycles dryer sheets
Looking for reccomendations for software to print a line or bar graph showing net worth from 2010 to 2040

Just that? Excel or Google Sheets will generate graphs from columns of data
+1. I keep track of quarterly balances of all our accounts in Excel (except checking), net worth is just the total, a graph is a simple add. I guess it would be a little more work if we had liabilities, but that would be pretty simple to track and add to the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Using Excel is a steep learning curve for me. I am hoping to find a super simple template where I can create dollar amounts on the left and columns for 30 years. The templates I am finding online are too complicated for my needs.

Thanks to all who responded. I put myself in the weeds by making a separate column for each year and then a row for each dollar amount.:facepalm:

In Google Sheets I ended up doing column A for the year and column B for the amount. Then I could use the insert graph function. :dance:

Graph Paper and Pencil was my old method.

I think we're all looking for software that can show us our net worth out to 2040.

I think we're all looking for software that can show us our net worth out to 2040.
Heck, I like to find some software that just says (correctly of course) that I'll be here in 2040! Even 2030 would be okay at this point.

Last edited:
Here's ours, easy peasy with Excel. You understand it or you don't. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 4.15.09 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 4.15.09 PM.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Year would be the first column. So you want a vertical, not horizontal table. Sheets or Excel will give you a simple chart.

Back
Top Bottom