Some random thoughts about life and retirement as we age

Congratulations, W2R! I have enjoyed reading and have benefited from your posts over the years. And I wish the restaurants around here were as inexpensive as yours are in N.O. !!

Reactions: W2R
Happy Birthday W2R ! It is always great to read your insightful posts. Thank you for sharing.

Happy Belated W2R :) You are definitely my role model for aging gracefully and living on your own terms! I have always loved your infinite wisdom and caring nature. I hope you have a fantastic year and many, many, many more birthday celebrations!

Happy Belated Birthday. I truly enjoyed reading your post. I won't be surprised to find myself traveling less as the years go by.

I'm a little late but didn't want to miss the chance to wish you a Happy Birthday. I always look forward to reading your posts and the "random thoughts" was another gem.

Cheers!

Happy Birthday! Great post and you are truly inspiring, wishing you a continued great future for years to come. I remember your whole story as you came up to your retirement, I can hardly believe how long ago that is! Congratulations

W2R,

Happy Birthday!!

You have reached junior geezerhood so be sure to ask for those senior discounts on all purchases.

2soon2tell - almost 67

You touched on 3 things that I'm finding in retirement.

Boredom. Just rarely happens. And I've given up both drink and TV too. You'd think I'd really be bored, but the exact opposite. Books are my friends and though I've always been a bookworm, I'm learning more than ever being that learning is now unstructured.

Friends. Just enjoy hanging with people and feel secure that I have nothing to prove. Enjoy the moment for what it should be and that is enjoying the moment.

Forgot what the 3rd reason is. Oh well. But happy birthday anyways.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom