Step Up Exercise platforms

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am looking to get an adjustable step up exercise platform. I would like the height to be adjustable from 2 to 8 inches high.

Most important is the area of the platform. I have big feet, size 13 men's shoes. Many platforms are not large enough to accommodate my feet in shoes. IOW, they leave some part of my heal or even the ball of my foot supported by nothing but air. This is not good for stability, and slows down the stepping process. Not good.

I am looking for recommendations on a good solid platform that I can step onto without fear of tipping over because my foot is not firmly supported from the tip of my big toe to the back of my heal. And big enough that I don't have to precisely aim my foot to be properly supported.

Any suggestions?

Ours are built into the house, we call them stairs :LOL:

I have stairs also, but my feet are too big to comfortably do the step up exercises I want to do. Too much of my heal is supported by nothing but air. And my toes bang into the side of the next stair.

Last edited:
I sometimes use these at the gym. Just looked at Amazon and there are many to chose from. One was 18.9" wide and 11.81" deep. It had one or two height adjustments. I wear size 13 shoes and something 11.81" deep does the trick for me. I don't mind my toes hanging off the front, a little bit. What more would you like?

Concrete block, step on it lenghtwise.

I sometimes use these at the gym. Just looked at Amazon and there are many to chose from. One was 18.9" wide and 11.81" deep. It had one or two height adjustments. I wear size 13 shoes and something 11.81" deep does the trick for me. I don't mind my toes hanging off the front, a little bit. What more would you like?

Thanks, I appreciate the input from other guys with big feet. :).

I also like the concrete block idea, but I would need a variety of blocks for different heights. Perhaps I can use the blocks as part of my strength building workout. :)

I am looking to get an adjustable step up exercise platform. I would like the height to be adjustable from 2 to 8 inches high.
Any suggestions?
Are you really looking for a platform that starts at only 2" high or do you mean a platform that adjusts in 2" increments? If the latter is what you want, then I recommend getting a Reebok exercise step. They are extremely solid and mine does not move at all on the carpeted floor in my workout room. Looking at the ad in this link, mine is the model from the 2010s and the step is 14" wide. The description gives a width of 15" for the new model. It can be set to 5.9", 7.9" and 9.8" high. All of the lesser exercise steps that I have tried are "squishy" feeling and I just didn't trust any of them. This bad boy is rated for 264lbs and you can believe that. Buy once, cry once!

https://www.amazon.com/Reebok-Step-...TUPPfqtbssxVhifaV-Sj7ibStAIaAvEOEALw_wcB&th=1

Thanks, I appreciate the input from other guys with big feet. :).

I also like the concrete block idea, but I would need a variety of blocks for different heights. Perhaps I can use the blocks as part of my strength building workout. :)
Right. Good for multiple uses. Lift overhead, carry by pinching, besides stepping on.

Are you really looking for a platform that starts at only 2" high or do you mean a platform that adjusts in 2" increments? If the latter is what you want, then I recommend getting a Reebok exercise step. They are extremely solid and mine does not move at all on the carpeted floor in my workout room. Looking at the ad in this link, mine is the model from the 2010s and the step is 14" wide. The description gives a width of 15" for the new model. It can be set to 5.9", 7.9" and 9.8" high. All of the lesser exercise steps that I have tried are "squishy" feeling and I just didn't trust any of them. This bad boy is rated for 264lbs and you can believe that. Buy once, cry once!

https://www.amazon.com/Reebok-Step-...TUPPfqtbssxVhifaV-Sj7ibStAIaAvEOEALw_wcB&th=1

You asked some good questions. Height? I really need one that adjusts to about 4, 6, and up to 8 inches. It has to be sturdy. If I trip and fall, at my age, at best I will not train for a few weeks while my body heals. At worst, I could really break or damage something. So many of the ones I have checked out seem somewhat flimsy. I weigh 180 pounds which is good for my height but I am not a light weight. Sturdy is very important.

The step needs to be wide enough that if I miss centering my foot on it by an inch or so, the foot will still be well supported. As I noted above, hurting myself as I grow older is not an option.

I ended up with the Rebock step and it works great for me. My big feet fit on it, and it's adjustable enough for my purposes. Thanks for the tip.

I ended up with the Rebock step and it works great for me. My big feet fit on it, and it's adjustable enough for my purposes. Thanks for the tip.
You're welcome. The Reebok step is easy to recommend because it is such a solid product. I'm glad that it is meeting your needs.

Back
Top Bottom