Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newsweek is (was?) a news magazine. They give out an award to the person that is the most newsworthy. That's the criteria. This makes sense to me.

I get it, it's basically the media patting themselves on the back.

She is a sharp business woman, and apparently generous with those who did the grunt work to get her show on the road. Out foxing the record companies to regain some control over her early material, was an admirable move, IMO.

If I am going to spend hundreds of dollars to hear a performance, I still would rather spend it locally, where for the same money I can attend 4 to 5 performances by talented local artists and sit maybe 30 feet away from them as they perform.

I have wondered what her views are on the "Tax the Rich" movement.

Last edited:
Perhaps a read beyond the surface, one that is certainly relevant to ER:

Ms. Swift was the single biggest economic driver in the US this summer, creating billions in spending - not just on tickets for her Eras tour and movie, but her fans spent on travel, clothing, etc., to attend sold out concerts in every city. One thing I read somewhere a few months ago is she - alone - may be the reason we didn't slip into a mild recession this past summer.

You can yawn all you like, but she's a powerhouse. And no, I would not recognize one of her songs. There are far worse people to follow in showbusiness. I'm glad my niece grew up following her.

While any event has a local impact, there is no way Swift had any significant impact on the overall US economy to suggest otherwise is total nonsense.

While any event has a local impact, there is no way Swift had any significant impact on the overall US economy to suggest otherwise is total nonsense.

Some actual numbers (feel free to skip the other parts of the article, unless of course, you're a Swifty and choose to read every word :)):

Swift has used the occasion of her reinvention of her musical past to launch an extended global performance circuit, the “Eras” tour, which could become the most lucrative music tour in history. It will, all in, represent a $5.7 billion boost to the US economy according to the Washington Post, while injecting a profound degree of monetary stimulus into every city hosting her, given that her fans collectively spend around $93 million per show.

In Los Angeles, where she played six sold-out nights at SoFi Stadium, the tour generated enough money to support 3,300 jobs. And Swift generously showered her staff with spiffs, giving each of her tour truck drivers $100,000 in the summer, and providing other bonuses to her sound techs, backup dancers, catering crew and other staff, to the collective tune of $55 million. She can afford it. Already a billionaire, Swift stands to personally make as much as $4.1 billion from the “Eras” tour, according to estimates cited by the Post.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/02/opinions/taylor-swift-conquers-capitalism-yang/index.html

When I mentioned on previous post about her being generous with her money, I wasn't thinking about the spiffs to her staff, but more like her donating $1 Million for relief after that horrible Nashville flood several years back. My view about $ is people can spend how they want. Their own business, so nice to see generosity.

Last edited:
The NFL is certainly happy about this. When she attends games you see an incredible number of "Taylor Swift reacts to..." shots on TV. Sometimes more than the main player involved in the play.

A lot of her tour venues are NFL stadiums, think about it :).

The NFL is a money making machine. They will not miss an opportunity like this.

She is a sharp business woman, and apparently generous with those who did the grunt work to get her show on the road. Out foxing the record companies to regain some control over her early material, was an admirable move, IMO.

+1
I remember her doing that, and hearing various news items about the record industry division of $$$.

I wonder, if she will retire soon... might see a posting here.. "Can I retire with $5.1 Billion ?" ;):LOL:

The NFL is certainly happy about this. When she attends games you see an incredible number of "Taylor Swift reacts to..." shots on TV. Sometimes more than the main player involved in the play.
Strange, I've seen several Chiefs games where she was in attendance, but they didn't show her that much. I only recall them showing her once during Sunday night's game, and she wasn't reacting at all.

I can think of a lot of worse choices. Taylor Swift had a big year. Time is irrelevant. Magazines are irrelevant. So, good choice by them. Sell a few extra issues.

With 273 Million followers on the Instagram she has enormous political influence and she is starting to use it.

Last edited:
She signed her firs deal at age 14. For a youngster growing up in the limelight, she appears to be very down to earth, kind, generous and real. Her family is very close, her folks still tour with her, at least they were this last time.
I am not someone who would recognize her music, though.

Some actually numbers (feel free to skip the other parts of the article, unless of course, you're a Swifty and choose to read every word :)):

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/02/opinions/taylor-swift-conquers-capitalism-yang/index.html

When I mentioned on previous post about her being generous with her money, I wasn't thinking about the spiffs to her staff, but more like her donating $1 Million for relief after that horrible Nashville flood several years back. My view about $ is people can spend how they want. Their own business, so nice to see generosity.

$5.7B in a $27T economy is 0.02%. You really think that this moved the needle on US GDP?

$5.7B in a $27T economy is 0.02%. You really think that this moved the needle on US GDP?

The purpose of my post was to put numbers to the comments rather than the general comments :angel:.

Taylor Swift is 33 y.o. and her NW is $1.1B. Wowser!

I'd vote for her for person of the year.

My recurring thought is if Travis Kelce is "the one" and they someday marry, I'd hope she do a prenup.

Travis Kelce isn't a pauper by any means. But still :popcorn:.

Last edited:

$5.7 billion is pretty impressive for generic and forgettable pop songs.

I'm not bitter, good for her...for a tiny fraction of that much money I'd do the same thing. But there are plenty of vastly more talented artists that sadly don't get the recognition they deserve.

This talk about Taylor Swift and the economy reminds me of back when Michael Jordan retired and they were talking about how much of a negative impact it would have on the economy.

My recurring thought is if Travis Kelce is "the one" and they someday marry, I'd hope she do a prenup.

Travis Kelce isn't a pauper by any means. But still :popcorn:.
Taylor Swift goes through boyfriends like I do new cars. 6 to 12 mos (18 tops) and I'm looking for a new one.

Not enough information. What is your expected spend rate? How much of that is Invested Assets? :D:D

And when do you plan to take social security? More info is needed. :D

Taylor Swift goes through boyfriends like I do new cars. 6 to 12 mos (18 tops) and I'm looking for a new one.

She dated her last boyfriend, Joe Alwyn, for six years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom