Technical Question about blocking threads that are not of interest

Jenna

Recycles dryer sheets
Is there any way to exclude certain threads from showing up when I log in? For instance I'm not interested in the pet peeve thread or the covid threads. Can I block those from showing for me?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 1.47.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 1.47.38 PM.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 22
I was curious what the comparable "Ignore this Forum" does? I did a test on one forum and set it. But that Forum did not disappear from the overall list of forums. Any idea what it actually did?

I was curious what the comparable "Ignore this Forum" does? I did a test on one forum and set it. But that Forum did not disappear from the overall list of forums. Any idea what it actually did?

I was grateful when the Covid-related threads were quarantined in a separate forum (which I ignored). There was already too much panic and misinformation at that time so it helped to turn off the noise. It worked very well.

I was grateful when the Covid-related threads were quarantined in a separate forum (which I ignored). There was already too much panic and misinformation at that time so it helped to turn off the noise. It worked very well.

I get that. But what did that actually DO? I have that same forum ignored right now. But I still see it in the list of forums. When I ignore a specific post, it disappears from my visible posts in that forum. I would have expected the Covid Containment forum to disappear in a similar manner when I set it to ignore. But it is still there. I even logged out and back in to see if that was required.

Go to User CP, then lower left click Ignore Manager, then check box Hide forums that are ignored.

Back
Top Bottom