Test: What kind of traveler are you?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Best Trip Choices | Home

On the opening page in the middle near the top is "Plog Travel Personality Quiz." THAT is the test, so click on it and GO! Takes just a few moments, too.
After you have taken this test, look at the top of the page on the screen and you will see catagories like "Destination Rankings" and so forth. Click on each one of those, and up will pop suggestions of where you could go with a partner or mate and where you would enjoy visiting alone, too. This is a pretty thorough test, really.

This was really interesting to me. I am a mid-venturer, and the test hit me right on the head...amazingly.
Have fun! Says I should visit alone Chicago, Boston or Portland. Lived in Chicago, loved it. Planning to be near Boston, so good indication I would love there, too. And Portland I want to visit soon.
I found this today in the Wall Street Journal FYI.

Last edited:
I thought the whole thing was only worth the amount of time involved (3 minutes?). I don't exercise regularly, but my 'mid-venturer' profile comes out saying that I do. The favorite places I've been in the last 10 years aren't high on the mid-venturer list (China, Cambodia, Utah, Peru). Chicago was high on their list, and I was bored there earlier this year. As a way to choose places to go, it seems about as accurate as clicking randomly on Google Earth. YMMV, of course.

Cool. I'm a mid-venturer, and it pretty much nailed me. I snorted when it said my group was called "the jet-set", though. I think it meant I was a sorta early adopter of travel experiences.
Thanks!

I came out mid-venturer. The description is fairly good. But, like "authentics" at the other end of the scale, I can appreciate a packaged trip (e.g. all inclusive) in a nice spot since I don't have to plan anything when I do those. I guess laziness trumps all.

I'm a centric venturer also. I thought the description was fairly broad so felt like I fit. Basically it said we like a little bit of everything. I guess that is about right.

I'm a mid-venturer, which is interesting because I have no desire to travel at all (except to scope out possible ER spots). The test never asked, "Do you want to travel?"

Some of the activities listed were things that I like to do in my home town, like exploring obscure, unknown historic buildings.

In general, it really didn't seem to match my personality (probably because I do not like traveling). It said or implied that I don't like spontaneity when traveling, and nothing could be further from the truth. When we do travel to check out ER spots, very seldom do we make reservations or definite plans.

It says I'm a self-centered authentic phony.

Guess I'll never know as i didn't want to give them my Email address to find out.
My signature kinda sums up my traveling style.

Back
Top Bottom