The Beginning of the End!!!

Goonie

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The Beginning of the End officially started today! I started training my replacement at w*rk!

Now that the holidays are over and we're back to full staff, I finally got to bring my trainee into the lab to start his 3 month crash course in lab management and testing procedures. He kept asking where my notes were....notes?....notes?....I don't need no stinking notes!! :D

He only has to learn all of the tests (daily...monthly....quarterly....semi-annual....annual), plant operation, paperwork, EPA report filing, billing, supply acquisition, etc, etc, etc.....stuff that takes about a year to learn we have 3 months (actually 2 1/2 months....I'll be going for a 2 week vacation at the end of Feb.) to teach/learn everything. And because of ER pension restrictions, I can't go back to help or consult....so after the 1st week of April....they're S.O.L. Though I did tell him for a couple of nice, fresh cut ribeyes from my favorite butcher, I would drop in for a "visit" when he gets ready to run the annual Quality Assurance tests and walk him through them.

I'm fairly certain that my boss will see to it that my "steak" in this is covered! :D

A nice bottle of wine once a month for home and a nice happy hour brainpick session for you is a real ego booster and kind of fun to do as well. Take the farewell perks and enjoy sharing.

You can only teach a replacement so much. Learning to be a lab Nazi (an absolute neccessity for most organizations) only comes with experience. Good luck. :)

Just reading what your replacement is going to be required to do made me feel alittle anxious!

Congrats on your near future escape :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom