The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Paul & Audrey. That San Antonio shot by Kelley is fantastic! Great how he captured the moon and venus together with a sunset.

Great shot Meadbh!

Lake Ontario sunset with pine tree wine goblet, 2012

Attachments

• WineGobletSunsetSep2012.jpg
    WineGobletSunsetSep2012.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 18
Thanks Paul & Audrey. That San Antonio shot by Kelley is fantastic! Great how he captured the moon and venus together with a sunset.

Great shot Meadbh!
Did you see where he attached a panorama of the scene in the comments? That was fabulous too - incredible silhouette.
That's a very inspiring Facebook group.

Did you see where he attached a panorama of the scene in the comments? That was fabulous too - incredible silhouette.
That's a very inspiring Facebook group.

Yes I did see it - amazing. You're right - great silhouette. That is an inspiring Facebook group - several great photos - I'll be checking back in.

I believe you captured sun dogs this morning - excellent example! Congrats!

And it's a much prettier landscape than most photos on the Wikipedia page: Sun dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks - I'd never heard of Sun Dogs until today. I don't remember seeing one. I sent it to DW at work and she suggested I send it to the Chicago TV stations. I did, and there's hundreds of other Sun Dog photos taken today on their websites. It was still slightly visible at about 4:00 pm

It has to be really cold for them to appear. Brrrrrrrrrr!

I don't think my camera batteries would function very long at -17!

I was only outside about 2 minutes with the camera today. It was too cold for the camera and for me. And very windy. Yesterday I had some fogging on the lens after 10-15 minutes outside and some moisture from the snowfall and I don't want to put a camera through that again

I truly like the photos posted. Great talents. Thanks to all the photographers.

Playing with a new led ring light on my Nikon D7000 with Nikon - Micro105mm
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1389207074.561405.jpg

Great shot of the pup, Mr. Paul. I hope to take my SIL's dog on a photo shoot next week when I dog sit. But I'm a little reluctant to let her off the leash.

Still at St. George Spirits (Alameda, CA). Lots of lines and textures.

Last edited:
Pileated Woodpecker

Spotted this fella in a neighbor's 'almost dead' oak tree. Have also been trying to get a photo of a red-cockaded woodpecker that visits my sycamores this time of year. However, unlike this Pileated Woodpecker who would preen for the camera, the much smaller red-cockaded woodpecker don't like the paparazzi.

Attachments

• DSC_5652.jpg
    DSC_5652.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 14
Nice image. Have you thought about cropping the top 20% out?

No I can't say that I have. The building itself is beautiful (a former aircraft hangar on the US Naval Air Station Alameda), and the building's structural elements are beautiful in their own right (IMO at least ;)). I think that the still's copper color makes it pop enough, even out this rather busy background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom