The Photographers' Corner - 2021 to ?

Great picture!! Is the wind blowing in the windy city today? Blowing here today and my hair would look just like that being outside, but my feathers are all white. Lol

Last edited:
Great picture!! Is the wind blowing in the windy city today? Blowing here today and my hair would look just like that being outside, but my feathers are all white. Lol

Thanks! - Just normal wind here this morning during a 0.6" rain. Now hardly any wind after the rain quit.

I have white feathers too - just not all white. yet.

Bad hair day for this cardinal

fgJAsek_A4dZloN4v2ic0hTvK0v1SsQ0TiIBNo0hqdsBvyKh-0X3DljBAxnmKnr-d2Y5pcY0CEnYXfgT2y2K5FuSl2kjQ7omKTAQGxX0R9tmOyIakRY1p_L_ju9AHVnV61wn6z4hRw=w2400

Nice shot

I just had 3 photos published in (online) Landscape Photography Magazine.

Attachments

• L'scape Mag 2022 July Galleria.jpg
    L'scape Mag 2022 July Galleria.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 36
  • L'scape Mag 2022 July Arches.jpg
    L'scape Mag 2022 July Arches.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 36
  • L'scape Mag 2022 July Wall of Fame.jpg
    L'scape Mag 2022 July Wall of Fame.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 36
  • L'scape Mag 2022 July cover.jpg
    L'scape Mag 2022 July cover.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 22
DrRoy, those are fantastic pictures. I can see why you got those published. Excellent work!!!

Black crowned night heron seen on today's hike

Do you have to carry a long lens to capture birds like that, presumably from a distance?

When I've hiked, there have been little lizards flitting in and out of the path or trail I was on but you couldn't get close enough with a walking around lens to get a real tight shot before they'd scurry away.

DW snapped this pic from the kitchen window with her iPhone

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 5.48.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 5.48.24 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
Do you have to carry a long lens to capture birds like that, presumably from a distance?

When I've hiked, there have been little lizards flitting in and out of the path or trail I was on but you couldn't get close enough with a walking around lens to get a real tight shot before they'd scurry away.

Yes I always have my 150-600mm on the camera while hiking. Sometimes in a backpack, but usually I carry it by hand on easy trails. Lately I've been using a monopod that I have strapped to the backpack. I have a quick release ball head on the monopod so that I can mount the camera quickly.

Great pictures to all of you and thanks for sharing them!

Ronstar, the mom and her twins are a great picture! Tell your wife she did great!! I haven't seen a fawn yet this spring not sure why, but I haven't. The lion, coyotes/wolf are plentiful, or it is just all the cover we have this year.

I brought back one of those sticks they sell to tourists in Hawaii. I've been caring for this plumeria tree ever since.

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 34
I bought a used camera off ebay a few days back but had to return.

Now I'm not sure if I just had a dud or the issue is will all the cameras of that model. Doing an internet search hasn't found an answer.

If you own the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 camera , I'd like to pick your brain :).

Visited Washington state and got great shots of Mt. Rainier.

Attachments

• DSC_4425fb.jpg
    DSC_4425fb.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom