The Photographers' Corner - 2021 to ?

Stepped outside this morning to see this girl eating some roses. Got the camera and got a few pics - she's got a lot of weeds on her.

Attachments

• doe 09152022-1-2.jpg
    doe 09152022-1-2.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 26
  • doe 09152022-1.jpg
    doe 09152022-1.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 24
Great pictures and videos to everyone. Thanks!!

We live in a beautiful world with so much to see.

As usual, I am amazed by all of the wonderful videos and pictures posted in this Forum.
Love them, thank you to all who share this part of your life with us!

Here is one from our Lugano trip this past Tuesday. It has been raining for the past three days so I have had time to edit the footage that I shot. It was our fourth visit to this city and it gets better every time.

Did you make it up to Monte Generoso?

Did you make it up to Monte Generoso?

Not this trip but have been there about 10 years ago. However, temperatures have been dropping fast these past few days and we will have to shift our plans to visit more of Southern Switzerland and Northern Italy in the coming weeks.

Here is one from our Lugano trip this past Tuesday. It has been raining for the past three days so I have had time to edit the footage that I shot. It was our fourth visit to this city and it gets better every time.

Excellent! You really capture the essence of the places you visit!

Excellent! You really capture the essence of the places you visit!

Thanks. Yes it's all about capturing the moment whether you are shooting photos or videos. It's a great hobby. But looking at the attached photo you can observe that very few people use real cameras to shoot photos and videos which is really a shame. Those of us that use real cameras now have to avoid arms sticking up in front of their lenses.

Attachments

• P9120106.jpg
    P9120106.jpg
    555.2 KB · Views: 27
Some pictures sent to me from a friend that was out taking pictures of the elk rut. This was from last week.

Attachments

• Attachment (1).JPG
    Attachment (1).JPG
    96 KB · Views: 23
  • Attachment.jpg
    Attachment.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 119
praying mantispreying mantis.jpg
Are pictures compressed when download here? On the original shot of this it is much more detailed.

Last edited:
We had a clear day yesterday in Stanserhorn Switzerland and here are some photos created from frame grabs of the videos I shot there. This place is a paradise for landscape photographers and hikers. If they only had Italian food, it would be paradise for everyone. I captured some nice videos from the open air cable car (Cabrio). The vistas from the hiking trails around the summit are incredible. This is a must see destination for those visiting Switzerland and transportation up to the top are covered 100% by a Swiss Travel Pass.

Attachments

• P9230254.jpg
    P9230254.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 22
  • P9230207.jpg
    P9230207.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 19
  • P9230298.jpg
    P9230298.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 20
  • P9230246.jpg
    P9230246.jpg
    695.3 KB · Views: 20
  • P9230240.jpg
    P9230240.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 19
Some shots (video frame grabs) from Zurich Switzerland on Thursday this past week. It's a nice city but Bern and Lucerne are better.

Attachments

• P9220173.jpg
    P9220173.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 16
  • P9220077.jpg
    P9220077.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 15
  • P9220026.jpg
    P9220026.jpg
    729.7 KB · Views: 16
  • P9220058.jpg
    P9220058.jpg
    580.6 KB · Views: 18
  • P9220080.jpg
    P9220080.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 19
Beautiful pictures everyone.

Some shots (video frame grabs) from Zurich Switzerland on Thursday this past week. It's a nice city but Bern and Lucerne are better.

A couple of years ago, I spent a summer afternoon in Zurich before flying back.

I walked to the waterfront and boarded a ferry that went around Lake Zurich.

Really was a spectacular day, which may not be common in Switzerland. But there were kids swimming in the lake at many of the ferry stops.

I got off after about an hour and took the train back to Zurich.

If you have money, other than some tough winter weather, probably could have a great lifestyle there.

What was nice was I saw the Lake while returning to Zurich from Engadin on a train, so I checked the SBB app and saw that there were ferries running often.

So when I walked down to the lake after checking in, I found and bought tickets for the ferry on the app. Same with the train back to Zurich.

Very useful for impromptu trips or changing plans, because weather can change. It was useful in Interlaken, I remember choosing to go to a specific place based on the schedule of the next train or ferry leaving the area near where I was.

Are pictures compressed when download here? On the original shot of this it is much more detailed.

I believe they are, this topic has come up before, but I'm just a lowly moderator so don't have access to all those details. Another factor can be one's display calibration (very few people calibrate their displays, only photo/video nerds) and that can have a dramatic effect on the color accuracy and dynamic range of the display.

A couple of years ago, I spent a summer afternoon in Zurich before flying back.

I walked to the waterfront and boarded a ferry that went around Lake Zurich.

Really was a spectacular day, which may not be common in Switzerland. But there were kids swimming in the lake at many of the ferry stops.

I got off after about an hour and took the train back to Zurich.

If you have money, other than some tough winter weather, probably could have a great lifestyle there.

What was nice was I saw the Lake while returning to Zurich from Engadin on a train, so I checked the SBB app and saw that there were ferries running often.

So when I walked down to the lake after checking in, I found and bought tickets for the ferry on the app. Same with the train back to Zurich.

Very useful for impromptu trips or changing plans, because weather can change. It was useful in Interlaken, I remember choosing to go to a specific place based on the schedule of the next train or ferry leaving the area near where I was.

I used to use the SBB App to buy tickets or day passes before but this year I wanted to travel a bit more and do not want to drive as much especially on the longer trips across Switzerland so I bought a Swiss Travel Pass Flex which is good for 15 days of travel within a 30 day period. It covers trains, boats, busses, and even many mountain excursions such as Rigi and Stanserhorn in full as well as admission to over 500 museums. I have to go online and download tickets for each day I want to travel. This gives me the flexibility of avoiding travel on rainy days. It cost me $500 USD for the 15 day flex pass which works out to $33.33 per day which is a great deal considering the trips to Rigi and Stanserhorn cost about $140 each including the trains, boats, funiculars, and cable cars. Plus you get 50% reductions on cable cars and funicular trains that are not included like at Zermatt or Lugano. The best part is you have complete flexibility of your schedule and you can mix trains and boats without worrying about purchasing tickets. This was the first time using this pass. In the past I would just buy a day pass or individual tickets depending on the distance and how much flexibility I wanted.

Thought I'd share this unique photograph. No special skills, equipment, or editing, but I find the image rather mystic.

Attachments

• ChairliftFogStarburst.jpg
    ChairliftFogStarburst.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 25
Awesome pics! I would give anything to get a chance to take shots of an elk rut.

They are very interesting to watch. I don't live that far from the Slippery Ann Elk Refuge Viewing area. It is a great place for people to see them do their rut ritual on their breeding ground.

I have elk pass through and live on my place for short periods. Moose live on my mine and in the area though year around.

Back
Top Bottom